Chapter 6

I woke up and got dresses and ready because I was so excited for today. It was the forth of July.

I threw on my red and white checkered dress. It had multiple ties in the back so I tied those and headed downstairs.

"I'm asking cam today." Belly said referring to the Deb Ball.

"Morning ellie" jere says.

"Morning" I greeted back.

"Ellie, which one of the boys are you taking to the ball?" Susannah asked me.

I looked over at Jeremiah and smiled. "I think I have my choice" I said not looking away and he smiled at me.

"Oh jere your dad called, he's closing a deal so he won't be able to make it" Susannah said.

"But I got some insane fireworks this year" conrad said walking down the stairs.

"We'll take a video"

"It's not the same." Jere said looking down. I put my hand on his arm to comfort him and he smiled a little at me.

Belly had to go make the guest bed because dad and his girlfriend were gonna sleep here.

"Belly!" Mom yelled.

While our mom and Susannah were talking the rest of us were watching from the door window.

"Guy their coming"

"Go go go go" we said shoving conrad and Jeremiah.

"Hey dad!" I said giving him a hug and belly did the same.

He introduced us to Victoria his girlfriend and they left to out the bags away and join everyone in the kitchen.

The doorbell ringed and belly ran over with Steven. The debs were here. Along with Cam Cameron. I walked over to the door with them and we all went in the backyard to join everyone else.

Me, belly and jere were all inside with Victoria while she was making pomegranate margaritas.

She took the drink out to our dad as me and belly took a sip.

"Oh my gosh" I said handing jere the drink.

"No wonder you like it belly, it taste like a slurppe." Jere said as hid dad walked in the door.

Jere and Conrad's dad was closing a deal so he couldn't make it but somehow he's here now.

"Dad?" Jere asked.

"Hey kiddos" he said giving jere a hug and then me and belly.

We all went to the beach and sat down in ask the seat we brought down. Jere cane running over and sat on me.

"Jere get off! What have you been eating?" I asked him laughing.

"Nothing because it would ruin my perfect abs" he said lifting his shirt up.

"You are so stupid!" I said shoving him into the sand and laughing. He sat on the  chair right next to mine.

We all gathered out stuff from the beach a while later and sat down at the dock. I could see belly staring at conrad but the sad thing was she's with cam.

I looked over at jere and smiled but then they started walking away and I zoned out not listening to whatever the girls were talking about.

I was downstairs eating after everyone left and my mom walked in the door. "What are you doing?" She asked me putting her stuff down.

"Eating before I go for a swim" I told her.

"Have fun" She said as she went upstairs.

I grabbed a towel and went pitside to see conrad staning at the dock. So, I set my towel down and went over there. He's been so different this summer and not in a good way.

"Hey" I said to him.

"Hi" he said quietly.

"I'm sorry about getting mad at you that one night at the drive in. And every other time I've ever yelled at you connie." I said to him.

"That was forever ago Ellie. Don't apologize. It's just, I wish we didn't even go" he said.

"Why?" I asked him.

"Because the whole reason I wanted to go was to see belly when maybe I've been focused on the wrong Conklin sister." He explained.

Was this it? Is this where I get everything I've always wanted?

"You have an effect of people Ellie. You have an effect on me." He said to me.

"I don't, I don't know what your talking about" I said.

"Yeah you do." He said.

I stared into his eyes and he looked at my lips. He started leaning in but then we heard a firework really close to us.

I gasped as we moved out heads to look at it.

"Conrad. I can't do that to belly." I said to him.

"Why? She's with cam now." He said facing me again.

"And your with Nicole. I'm not doing this conrad. Out of all the summers I've had a crush on you, you decide this is the summer? Really, when your with another girl?" I said walking away.

"Ellie please-" I didn't get to hear him finish because I was already walking into the house.

I ran up to my room because the one thing I wanted I shoved him away. All because of my sister. The sane sister who keeps calling me a slut. The sake sister who won't stop yelling at me for little things. The same sister who hates me.