Chapter 12

Before I start this chapter I just wanna let yall know that if you see anything that is in italic that means it's a flashback
so this text right here would mean it's a flash back.

I was lying down in a beach chair in the backyard of cousins beach house. Jere came over and shook is wet hair in my face.

"Your back" I said laughing.

He leaned down and gives me a peck on the lips. "We get it you guys are into each other" conrad said walking over.

"Don't listen to him, you guys are perfect together." Susannah said.

I gasped as my book fell on the floor and i woke up in class. I wasn't in cousins. Jere and I wernt together. And Susannah was dead. Nothing will ever be the same again.

"Hey you dropped this." A boy said picking up my book and handing I to me.

"Thanks" I said taking the book.

"This almost doesn't feel real" I said laughing.

"How about now" jere said giving me a kiss. We've kissed like this other times but this time it felt different in a good way.

"Uhm there's something I need to tell you" I told him.

"You can tell me anything ellie." Jere said and I paused and he stood in front of me.

"A few days ago, conrad told me he had feelings for me." I told him.

"Oh okay. So what did you say?" He asked me.

"I uhm, I kissed him. I've always liked him. But he's not gonna treat me right. I know you will" I told him.

"Being with you is all I've ever wanted." He said.

"Then be with me." I said.

"Wait wait. Do you have a little crush on me?" He asked me sarcastically.

"Shut up!" I laughed shoving his side.

"Your it for me ellie." He told me.

"I don't want to hurt conrad. And I don't want to hurt yalls relationship with each other" I said to him as we continued walking.

"I'll talk to him" jere said.

"I'll talk to him first. Then you can." I said and he nodded.

We walked into the house with our fingers intertwined and quietly whispering.

"Shh! Somebody's up" jere said.

We looked up and saw Susannah sitting on the couch and we dropped each other's hand.

"Early morning walk on the beach" She questioned us.

"Yeah yeah" I said looking at jere.

"Mhm-mmm I knew it. I knew it" she said as I giggled.

"I'm gonna go upstairs" I said and jere nodded.

The final bell ran meaning it was time for summer. What am I supposed to do all summer knowing I can't go to the beach house because I screwed things up?

Me and jere wanted to be a thing so I had to talk to Conrad first and he got upset. But I wanted Jeremiah to be there for his brother so I cut jere loose. Now they hate each other and they probably hate me.

"Woo hoo high school is over bitches!" Steven yelled running down the hall next to me and belly at our lockers.

"You know belly it's not to late to sign up for volleyball camp" Taylor suggested.

"Im good tay." Belly said.

"Wait so are yall coming to the party?" Taylor asked us.

"I don't know." I said.

"Ellie you never back down from party's." She said to me.

"Yeah but I normally go with-" I was cut off when a counselor came up and brought belly to her office.

I knocked on Conrad's door and he told me to come it.

"Morning ellie" he said to me as I sat on his bed.

"Listen I wanna tell jere about us. I can't keep it a secret anymore." Conrad said to me placing his hand on my leg.

"Yeah that's actually why I came in here. I woke up early this morning so I went to the beach and jere was there. We talked and one thing led to another and we kissed. And um I'm scared that you'll just bottle everything up like you do and shut me out and I don't deserve that." I explained and he moved his hand off my leg.

"You kissed my brother?" He asked me and I nodded slightly.

"We wanted to tell you-"  I said.

"Your already a we?"

"No? No I didn't mean it like that"

"You know what it's cool I get it. You had to have me as a back up in case he didn't want you but now that he does your throwing me aside. "

"Connie I didn't wanna hurt you. Your my best friend!"

"You don't get to call me that."

"You don't mean that conrad."

"I do Ellie. Now if you could please get out."

I nodded at started walking towards the door. "He's gonna hurt you, and then your gonna wish you chose me." He as I walked out his room.

"We should already be in the car!" Our mom yelled. She was talking about Steven's graduation party.

I ran down the stairs and heard the doorbell ring. "I'll get it" I said opening the door and taking the basket from a delivering man.

I walked over and set it on the table as belly came down the stairs. "Ooh is that for me?" Steven asked.

"Oh my god." I said opening the card and Steven took out the items from the box.

"It's from Susannah" Belly said looking over my shoulder.

"She must have planned it before" our mom said.

"I wish she could have been here. Conrad and Jeremiah too." Steven said.

"They were busy" Belly said.

"Yeah sure." Steven said looking at me as I put my head down.