Chapter 13

"I feel awful" I said to Jeremiah as I sat next to him on the beach.

"I mean he was so angry at us. And he has every right to be" I said.

"It's gonna be okay Ellie. I promise" jere said grabbing my hand.

"How?" I asked him.

"I think maybe we should hit pause." I told him.

"What? No." He asked me.

"You guys need to be there for each other. For your mom." I explained.

"Ellie come on. What happened to when you said 'I'll be with you when you want and not when you dont' right now I need you. I need you ellie." He said with his eyes watering.

"I hate this jere I really do."

"What happened to that I love you?"

"Jeremiah.. you and I being together will make it important for you to be there for conrad."

"I hate this alot."

"I know. Me to."

"Come on guys. Let's get in the car" our mom said as we all climbed in.

"So don't wait. Make What you want happen. Because tomorrow isn't promise so you better make fucking sure that you are living your best life today!" Steven said during his speech.

Everyone started clapping and cheering as I smiled and clapped.

We were all outside while Steven was talking to a couple of friends.

"Hey Taylor will you swing by later and help with an outfit for the party?" I asked her.

"No fucking way are you coming?" She exclaimed.

"Yeah might as well." I said.

"You are going to die when you see milo play" Taylor said.

"No literally you might die I could smell his from the podium" Steven said walking up.

"Whatever he doesn't have that Korean gene that makes you have no body oder" Taylor said to him.

"Cmon belly and Ellie mom and dad are waiting for us." Steven said.

"Im glad yall are coming" Steven said to us as we walked to the car.

Me and belly looked at each other in disbelief. "I can't believe what I'm hearing. Is that Steven saying he wants us at his party?" Belly said.

"I didn't say want. But it's better than moping around the house wondering if you should call a certain someone" Steven said to me and I knew he was talking about Jeremiah.

We all sat down at dinner and got boxes for the food so me and Steven could leave and go to the party.

"All right were gonna go bye love yall" Steven said to our parents as we got up from the dinner table.

Taylor was at our house waiting and she helped me pick an outfit. I normally pick my own but all my good clothes are are cousins.

My phone started ringing and I looked at it to see Jeremiah calling me. I got the call the second week of September. 3 weeks since the last time I'd seen him. It felt like a dream.