Chapter 5

I went downstairs at night to get a snack and I paused on the stairs when I heard conrad talking.

"How was your hot date?" He asked belly who had just come through the door.

"Excuse me?" She asked him.

At some point they just argued so I was heading back upstairs until it got more interesting.

"Admit it. You knew what you were doing conrad." She says to him.

"I don't know what your talking about." He shook his head.

"Reminding me you existed. You cared where I was, who I was with." She said.

Conrad please don't be in love with belly. Please.

"I didn't care, I don't care." He insisted.

"Stop lying!" She snapped.

"Stop being such a baby!"

"Oh and your such an adult?!"

"Why don't you go look in the mirror some more." He said referring to right before elder date when she was checking herself out.

"Why don't you smoke more pot." She said with a scoff.

She started heading over to the stairs so I quietly went back upstairs and into my room.

I came downstairs to see everyone gathered around the table for bellys birthday breakfast.

"Sorry I'm late." I said quietly.

Belly was turning 16 which now made her older than me.

"Were getting your birthday pancakes ready." Our mom told belly.

"Oh I'm not hungry." She said.

"Shall we open gifts?" Susannah asked as we all made our way to the living room.

I wasn't paying attention to what jere and Steven got hee but then it was my turn.

"Ellie go ahead" Mom said to me.

"Oh sorry I was to busy being a slut so I didn't get you anything." I snapped at her.

"Ellie what?!" My mom asked.

"You shoulda heard her" I chuckled unhumorously and mumbled.

"Whaterver. Conrad?" My mom asked him.

"I forgot sorry." He said getting up.

Wow this is awkward. I tensed up and little and Jeremiah could tell.

"Hey come with me to pick up Taylor and Nevah?" Jere asked me. I nodded.

Taylor was bellys best friend but taylors little sister Nevah was mine. She was 15 like me so we got along really well when we first met.

Jere threw me the keys as I opened his jeep door and climbed on the driver's side and started the car.

"Did you get belly a gift or?" Jere asked me.

"No I didn't." I told him.

"Ellie. Remember I'm always here for you." Jere said.

"Yeah I know thanks jere." I thanked him but deep down I knew I wanted it to be conrad who was there for Ms.

We got out the car and stood by the bus that was pulling up.

"20 bucks that Taylor calls you Jeremy again" I said with a laugh.

"I think she learned from last time no?" He asked.

"Thats how she flirts with you. She's boy crazy" I told him as we see Taylor and Nevaha get out the bus.

"Where's belly?" Taylor ask me as I hug Nevaha.

"She didnt- she's at home." I told her.

"I'll take your bags for yall." Jere said taking their bags.

"Such a gentlemen Jeremy" Taylor says and I look at him and tilt my head as we head back to the car.

Me and Nevah were in my room getting ready fir the birthday dinner and for Rome I wasn't late. I sat down next to jere and Nevah sat next to me.

"So cam, mind if I call you Cam Cameron?" Jeres asked him.

"Yeah feel free that's funny" he said with a laugh.

We found out can doesn't eat meet and since belly wants to stay stuff about me I guess I might at well embarrass her.

"Belly actually eats meet, so you let her makeup with you with those lips?" I asked.

"Ellie shut up." Belly said to me.

"No I don't judge anyone who eats meat." Cam said.

"I mean but why would anyone want to kiss someone who once fully shit in the bathtub?" Steven asked.

"I was 2!" Belly said.

"More like 6!" Steven and jere said.

"Well I remember when Steven passed in the fireplace because he was drunk on half a white claw" Taylor said and we all laughed.

"Oh yeah that was the same night I saw a guy in Ellies bed. Making out with ellie. Who would have known what would have happened if I didn't come in." Belly said and stared at me.

"God do you have to make everything about me somehow being a slut?!" I yelled out to her.

"Because you are." Belly said to me.

"What the hell has gotten into this summer? Belly.." I said getting out of my seat and going upstairs with Nevah running after me.

"Ellie she has gone crazy this summer. And she's not right. Your not a slut" Nevah told me.

"Whatever. Let's just go to Nicole's party." I said changing and going downstairs.

I grabbed my mom's keys and everyone looked at me.

"What you going to makeout with even more boys?" Belly asked me.

"I don't know, are you gonna continue to be head over heels for conrad?" I said as I opened the door for Nevah and got out snd slammed the door.

A little after we got to Nicole's party everyone showed up. Jere, belly, Taylor, conrad.

I looked over and saw jere singing for belly and I smiled. Jere is so sweet. Always there for us. Always doing things to make up smile.

Cam got up and started singing but then belly looked uncomfortable and went upstairs so I decided the nice little sister I am I was gonna apologize.

I saw her go into a room so I followed her to see her staring at Taylor and our brother Steven kissing.

"What the-" Belly said.

"Fuck." I said continuing her sentence.

"Jesus" Taylor said as Steven ran out the room.

"Your hooking up with our brother?!" Belly yelled at her.

"I swear it just happened" Taylor said.

I just watched quietly because Taylor wasn't my friend.

They started arguing and I zoned out.

"I think your the self absorbed one belly." Taylor said.

"I can't deal with this right now." Belly said as she left and I ran after her.

"Ellie. You stay here I'm leaving with cam. I don't want to deal with you either." Belly said to me as I paused by jere and and she walked away with cam.

I explained in private what happened with Taylor to Jeremiah. As we were driving home because conrad was asleep in the back.

I went into my room as soon as we got home and fell asleep instantly.