Chapter 18

"dads gonna call soon." Conrad said as me and Jeremiah walked into the dining room.

"do you guys want to talk to him alone? I can go upstairs." I suggested.

"no you can stay" Conrad said.

"Yeah, please stay." jere said looking into my eyes as I nodded and sat down next to Jeremiah.

Conrad's phone started ringing as Conrad accepted the call.

"Hey Con, I only got a few minutes here" their dad said.

"Hey dad" jere said.

"jere? your at cousins too?" their dad asked.

"Yeah I got here last night." Jeremiah said.

"Listen I got a call from the bank saying your trying to use you trust fund. that's not happening." Their dad said.

"dad please I'll do anything" conrad begged.

"that money is for your future not some beach house!" their dad said.

"It's not some beach house adam." I said.

"Belly? your their to?" He asked me.

"It's ellie." I said with a sigh.

"Listen, this conversion is over." their dad said with a sigh.

"conrad was right. talking to you is pointless dad." Jeremiah said as he took the phone and hung up.

we heard the door open and Steven, belly, and Taylor walked into the dining room.

"Surprise!" Taylor yelled out.

We all stayed silent and looked down.

"shit I knew we should have told them we were coming" Steven said.

"no its not that" conrad said rubbing the back of his neck.

"were losing the house." Jeremiah said.

"Wait what?" Belly asked.

I walked over to Steven who had a box of pie in his hand. we hadn't really talked since the party except for texting like twice.

"I brought you blueberry." he said handing me the box.

"I'm just glad your here Steven" I said giving him a hug and sitting back down.

we all hopped onto the couch later that night to have a movie night. Jeremiah sat at the end and I sat at the other end in the corner. Taylor sat next to me and belly was next to her.

Jeremiah got up from the end of the couch and walked over to us. he faced Taylor and started talking.

"can we switch spots?" He asked her and she looked at me.

"all yours!" She said excited and her and belly got up and moved to the other side of the couch. Steven sat next to jere and conrad sat on the open chair.

"So I ordered a pizza but only one with pineapple so I call dibs on 2 slices!" jere announced.

"jere I think that's all you" I said with a laugh as he put his ark around me.

"It's good!" He tried convincing me.

"Whatever you say" I said as I turned to face him and our faces met. we were like 2 inches apart.

I cleared my throat and looked away. he moved closer to my ear and whispered so nobody could hear.

"why'd you move away?" He asked sarcastically.

"you wish I stayed there huh" I whispered back.

"I'm glad you guy have your flirty best friendship back" Taylor said to us with a giggle.

"me to." Jeremiah said looking at me and I smiled at conrad put the DVD in the TV.

Not even a minute into the movie conrad gets up and leaves but I'm to tired to move and follow him. and I couldn't care because at this moment I had my head on jeres shoulder as he played with my hair and we watched the movie and I soon fell asleep.