Chapter 8

I walked into the bathroom after I woke up to shower. When I walked our jeres had just left his room.

"Hey" he said as I smiled at him.

"Are you excited for the volleyball tournament?" He asked me.

"Yeah, I'm glad you signed up. That means I get you on my team" I said.

I'm also glad that we're not all awkward after our whole makeout shesh in the pool last night. Which I have no regrets for.

"Listen I don't wanna rush you or anything but if we could talk about what happened other night that'd be great." He said to me.

"Yeah absolutely" I said quietly. I think he could tell I was scared that he hated we kissed so he grabbed my hand.

"Ellie I have no regrets for what happened last night. I wouldn't change anything if I went back in time." He told me staring into my brown eyes.

"In fact" he said then leaning in and pecking my lips.

He leaned away and I smiled.

"I don't regret it either." I told him.

He smiled and went into his room as I went into mine smiling.

I had my volleyball tournament today. I had Jeremiah on my team and he's so good at volleyball and I have a feeling we might win. (Tes ik in the snow he's bad but just act like he's good)

I went downstairs so I could get NY water filled and conrad walked over. We haven't really talked since the whole kiss thing.

"Hey what are you doing?" He asked me.

"Getting my water ready for the tournament" I told him.

"Listen I'm sorry for getting mad and not accepting your decision about us." He said.

I was gonna talk but he kept going. "I keep replaying it in my head. And I can't stop. And it's a little to late now I know." He said.

"I don't know what to say" I said with a chuckle.

"Can I take you to the ball? I already know all the dances from last summer." He asked.

"I'm going with jere. Sorry conrad." I said as the doorbell ran so I ran over.

I gave Taylor a hug because we started talking when she left the other weekend but now she's back fir the tournament.

"Where's Nevah?" I asked Taylor while she gave belly a hug.

"She broke her leg and arm doing track so she couldn't make it" she explained.

We all went into bellys room so Taylor could change into the volleyball shirt.

"Because I am gonna help you to get on team Jeremiah." Taylor said.

"Wait team jere for what?" I asked Taylor.

"I'm trying to get belly over here to move on from conrad. So we're gonna try and make her fall for the nicer, hotter brother." She explained.

"Oh" I said.

"Girls are yall ready I'm gonna drive yall." Our mom said.

"Actually I'm driving with jere" I told her. It felt weird to say knowing that Taylor was trying to get belly to like jere instead.

I grabbed my water and my bag as I went outside and saw jere in his car and I hopped in and we drove to the tournament.

"And with that, I say let the games begin!" Susanah said.

I stepped into the playing area with jere by my side.

"We got this" he said and I nodded.

We started playing and beat the first team but they were really not in the best shape so it wasn't that hard.

Next qe went against two girls. They were beating us by 4 to 1 at first but me and jere did the best we could and ended us winning. Those girls are gonna be the hardest team to go against so if we can win against them we can win it all.

When we won that match jere grabbed me and swung me around in a hug and I laughed.

All the other matches were easy but now we had to go against belly and conrad. Which they were insanely good.

I looked at jere and held up a 4 which would seem weird to anyone else but for us right now a 4 meant we would do the best we we and even though it's our own sibling we use all the energy we have and win.

It was now 20 to 20 and we were tied. I looked at jere and nodded. He threw the ball up and I spiked it and made it in and hit the point.

"Yes!" I yelled and jere ran over and gave me a hug. Everyone was cheering but I was focused on jere. He put me down and I stared into his green eyes.

He smiled as his mom started talking into the microphone.

"And the winners are Ellie Conklin and Jeremiah fisher!!" She yelled out and everyone cheered again.

Susannah handed jere the trophy as he hugged her.

He faced me and handed it to me. "You deserve it more than I do. And I know how much you would kill me if i kept it" jere said with a laugh as I took the trophy and hugged him.

"Hey belly and Ellie! My dads boat got back from the trip and I was wondering if yall wanted to come over for pizza later? And some rosè." Nocole asked us.

"I'm down" I said.

"We'll be there" Taylor said.