Chapter 16

"So this is why you haven't answered any of my calls?" Jere asked Conrad.

"Did you hear what I just said? Were gonna lose this house. Moms house." Conrad said.

"Moms half sister Julia now legally owns the house after mom..passed. and dad doesn't have the money to buy it off her" conrad explained.

"You have to go back to school or your gonna fail." Jeremiah said.

"Fuck school right now. That's the least if my worries" conrad said.

"How are you gonna become a doctor if you fail?" I asked conrad and he turned to face me.

"You have no, idea what your talking about." He said staring into my eyes.

"Seriously? We went to brown to check on your ass. I didn't think you'd pull this shit again but you don't care about anyone but youself." Jere said walking away.

Conrad leaned against the fireplace as Jeremiah exited the house.

"The house is for sale and jere doesn't doesn't care." Conrad said not looking looking me anymore.

"Of course he cares, but he cares about you more" I reasoned.

"I got a call from Liam saying he saw a for sake sugn in the front yard. So I drive over and threw it in the garbage. It was like losing my mom all over again I didn't want that for jere. I didn't mean to worry anyone. I didn't mean to worry you ellie." He said now facing me.

Why does he still have a pull on me? I wasn't gonna keep him suck me back in and hurt jere again.

"I didn't come here for you. I came here to help jere." I said walking away leaving conrad standing in the open living room.

It was later at night and I stood in Jeremiah's doorway and watched him plop onto his bed.

"You'd think someone would have had and easier system by now." I said walking over making myself seen.

"If I wasn't so fucking tired I would leave right now." He said sitting up when I sat next to him.

He plopped back down and I laughed softly.

"Your just gonna sleep on it like that arnt you?" I asked him.

"Yep" he said as I started getting up.

I heard him sit up and he grabbed my wrist and I turned to face him.

"Thank you for coming with me. I know with everything that happened between the three of us was exhausting but im glad you came. I'll always love you no matter what." He said and I bit back a smile at his words.

Even though the I love you wad a friendly one, it still made butterflies fly around and my heart beat as fast as it could.

"I love you to jere. Goodnight" I said walking out his room and closing the door. I faced the hall and gasped to see conrad at the top of the stairs.

"Holy shit conrad you scared me." I said placing my hand over my heart.

"Sorry. I have a question." He said softly.

"What is it?" I asked putting my hand to my sides.

"Is- uh i mean, are you and Jeremiah a thing?" He asked me looking down.

"Not anymore. Why do you think that?" I asked as he looked back up.

"You guys just said I love you to each other so don't lie it's fine. Are you guys together?" He asked again.

"It was a friendly I love you conrad. We're not together anymore." I said tol him opening my door but he walked over quickly and put his hand on my waist causing me to turn around.

"What are you doing?" I asked him as he stared into my eyes and dropping his hand from my waist.

He put his hand in his pocket and gave me a small bag. "This is for your birthday." He said handing it to me.

"My birthday was 2 months ago?" I asked taking the bag.

"I know, but your here now. So just keep it." He said walking into his room and I walked into mine.

I sat down on my bed and opened it to reveal a silver necklace with a rhinestones heart with my birth gem in the middle.

I chuckled softly as I set it on my nightstand softly and turned off my lamp to go to sleep.