Chapter 7

I woke up the next morning and threw on my dress because me and belly had to go to the country club to learn the deb ball dance.

Our mom drove belly and jere drove me.

Me and jere got out the car and walked with our arms linked.

"You look great in a tux." I said to him with a smile.

"And you look good in everything." He said back smiling but not looking at me and I chuckled.

We walked in and saw everyone talking bur we also saw belly standing without a date/ dance partner.

"I take it she hasn't asked cam yet?" I asked jere quietly.

"Nope, she was gonna do it yesterday but got totally wasted on those margaritas." He informed me.

"So what did you do after everyone left?" He asked me.

"Oh I just uhm watched the fireworks in the backyard." I told him. I didn't want to say anything about me and conrad. And honestly, I think I've been glib after the wrong fisher brother all this time.

"Please join your partners now." The dance instructor told us.

I put my hand on jeres shoulder as he rested his on my waist. We intertwined our other hands and put them up.

We started moving our feet back and forth dancing and I smiled at him and laughed a little.

"What?" He asked me.

"I'd never really thought about you being the type to dance. And look so snazzy in a suit" I told him.

"But I bet you've thought about me naked huh" he said quietly with a wink.

"in your wet dreams" I whispered with a laugh.

Belly looked over at us and I acted like i didn't see her. She stared at jere and smiled.

No. Absolutely not. She wants conrad so I stay away and now she wants Jeremiah. Can he be the one thing I want this summer? Can't he be my summer wish?

A little bit later Jeremiah was doing who knows what and I headed outside to see conrad picking up the paint stuff his mom left out.

Conrad didn't say anything when I walked out and saw me.

"Can we please talk about last night?" I asked him.

"We almost kissed. There's nothing about it" he said.

"It was more than almost conrad. We were less than an inch apart." I told him.

"Yeah well I wanted to kiss you. I don't want belly I want you." He said staring into my eyes.

"Con-"

"I think about you Ellie. All the time. I do and you know I do." He explained.

"I can't do this conrad. I'm sorry" I said going back inside and into my room.

I texted Nevah and told her everything like I have been.

                           Nevah 💗

(Your text is bold nevahs is italic)

Me and conrad almost kissed last night.

What?! Listen you do you because I can't stop ypu. But just letting you know, if you don't take jere i will

Well it's not your lucky day because I already know who I want.

Finally get your shit together. I'll ttyl love ya

--------------------------

Why does love have to be so complicated. I decided to get my mind off things I would go for a night swim. Seems like the best thing right now.

I changed into a floral bikini and headed outside. I set my towel down and juts jumped in and started swimming around.

I open my eyes underwater and see Jeremiah swim past me and I smiled as I came up from underwater.

"Is this a solo night swim or can I join?" He asked me.

"You can always join" I told him.

He stared at me and I splashed him. "What is it?" I asked.

"Nothing." He said.

I stayed quiet and he started talking again.

"Everything." He said.

"Your my best friend Ellie. There were times I wanted it to be more." He explained.

"Really?"

"Ellie. I've been waiting. It's always been conrad. I was the only one who could see that you liked him"

"You waited for me?"

"Yes. And I'm not stopping anytime soon."

I stared into his beautiful green eyes as he stared into my brown ones.

When I was born. Susannah said I was destined for one of her boys. I always wanted it to be conrad. All these summers. But here I am about to kiss Jeremiah fisher.

Jere grabbed my hand slowly as he started getting closer. I leaned in and he placed his hands on my waist.

I wrapped my arms around his neck as he kissed me. Our lips were in sync not wanting to leave each other's touch.

He grabbed the back of my legs and I wrapped my legs around his torso wrapping my fingers in his hair.