19. Varun

Wednesday, 15th, November

The botany lecture was extremely excruciating. I couldn't have been more grateful in my life when it ended. I did realize that it was important for my AIIMS admission, but the situation currently wasn't exactly suitable.

The Matchmaker was indeed an eerie person, thus I didn't doubt Mahi's words much. He well enough appeared as a psychopath, and his strange miraculous abilities could be just as dangerous as beneficial they were.

And I simply couldn't digest the fact that no one, including the guards, hadn't ever seen that guy. How could someone who possibly didn't even study here go unnoticed? He seriously scared me a little. He was definitely not an ordinary person despite how he pretended to be one. But there was one other person than me and Mahi who knew about the Matchmaker. I wanted to have a talk with him too, as well as warn him about this dude's nature.

I excused myself from Mahi, and began searching around for the usual boys group. There it was, in a corner of the compound, their laughing and excitement trickling my sobriety. But I didn't approach it as always. Instead, I called my guy out to have some privacy. He first tried inviting me, but upon learning that I wasn't interested, he excused himself.

"What's up brother? Where have you been since yesterday," Kartikeya clapped my hand in a greeting.

"Just a bit busy. You seem to be mixing up good lately."

"Yeah. But what's the matter that you've called me aside for?"

I explained to him every detail of all the events that took place with me since the past few days. He seemed to be intently listening, reacting solemnly to each instances. At the last, he seemed to be rather anxious and ruminating.

"If you say it like that, I'm a little suspicious too. That guy is not exactly the best of the people to go along with. All those weird gory and disturbing questions he asks only support that theory. What do you propose we should do?"

"I am not exactly sure. The Matchmaker is definitely smart and dangerous, and we shouldn't underestimate him. We practically have zero information about him right now. The thing I advise is to stay on his good terms for the time being. Just be on time, and do as he says. I can't predict what he might do if we act like Aruna and SK."

"Yeah, okay."

"Hey, by the way, who was that you said you heard about the MM from?"

"Ah, that's just Vedraj's fling, Amyra. The topper of the center."

"Oh yeah, right. Will you please warn her about this too?"

"Well, Vedraj is acting somewhat possessive over her nowadays. But don't worry, I'll find a way and convey it to her."

"How did she get to know about him anyways?"

"Just like me, met him once randomly outside, and seemingly manipulated her father to not have any objection with them hanging out as a proof. She did mention that she wasn't much enlightened about him, and I do believe her because she hardly socializes around. But whatever, I'll see what I can get. Be it from her or someone else."

"Appreciate that. I'll go home and think what else can be done. Bye," I bid farewell to him and left for my bus.

All the while, I searched for a solution, but failed to get one. I tried thinking about every possibility to get help from either my parents or the police, but the accusation just sounded stupidly absurd and baseless. The thought occurred to me of the victims' texts being helpful. But the most that they would have messaged would be about their meeting, and that didn't seem weighing much against the actually convicted perpetrators.