4. Kartikeya

September, Friday, 30th

The hectic lecture of zoology had just been over. Or should I say 1st lecture. Because another zoology lecture was due right after this one. As usual, guys from all the other classes were arriving in ours for our usual recess gathering.

I didn't know if it was my paranoia, but I felt that maybe due to my comparatively short stature, the lads were used to pushing me to the back. Or maybe it was just the way regardless, I couldn't tell.

"Hey, Ved, you know those boys from Sopan Classes? They've been misbehaving lately," Irfan stated to Vedraj, although meaning for everyone to hear.

Vedraj was sitting on the desk in the middle. Umesh was on one of his side while Satbeer further next to him. I tried to wiggle my way to one of my best friends, and threw my arm around Satbeer's to stabilize.

"Yeah, I've heard frequently. They've been often encountered hooting at us. Their recent success in JEE seems to have sent them to the clouds, but they need to be reminded who's the real boss here. If anyone of you ever encounters any of them again, you'll let the others know."

"Of course! They are all just fucking studious geeks who can't even cuss properly. If I get my hands on one of them by chan..."

The discussions went on, but I noticed that one of my other friends wasn't there.

"Hey, where is Varun?" I murmurred to Satbeer.

"Huh? Oh, he's not here. Must be around, don't worry... He'll come when he wishes."

I gave him a fair nod, but the discussion around was now getting a little boring. And none of them seemed too vary of my presence anyways.

"Let's just go and check on him," I tried to lure Satbeer with me.

"Why is your dick so restless? If you want to go, you go... I want to listen to this topic," he was stubborn.

Well, I was stubborn too, so I excused myself out of the gathering. That paranoia feeling hit me again when the thought occured to me that maybe no one noticed me because of my stature. Nevertheless, I gazed around to look for Varun.

Instead, I came across an entranced Amyra staring at the boys from her seat.

"What's up with your mind?" I startled her.

"Huh?! Ahh, nothing... I was just listening to what was going on. It seemed interesting."

"Since when where you interested in street brawls?"

"Street brawls? That's what they're talking about?!"

"Obviously! What did you think? Are you a lot into guys lately? Amyra, you're a good girl!! Don't let yourself astray for God's sake!!"

She was red like a tomato in an instant.

"Shut up!! It's nothing like that, I am not interested in boys and all!! Shush, now don't disturb me, I want to go and ask study doubts to the teachers."

She was a really sweet and simple girl. I hadn't even ever heard her call someone stupid.

"Yeah, that's what I'm talking. You are the topper of this center, and those boys are not even worthy enough to be dated. At least infatuate yourself with those batch C boys."

"What's up with your preparations?" Amyra suddenly questioned me.

"My preparations... Fuck. I didn't even realise there was a test coming before you mentioned it. Thanks," I winked at her playfully and walked ahead.

She always had those traditional dresses on and her face literally shouted 'I'm a bookworm'. Well, she herself told me one day that her parents were high school teachers themselves, so this seemed rather likely.