Chapter Forty-Four

So, how do we like FighterWard? Isn't he swoon-worthy? Anyway, I hope you're enjoying the story ... What's up next?

There's going to be a jump in time in this next chapter, but this is the last real chapter of the story. After this will be the epilogue. Thank you for everyone who followed along with this story, even with its starts and stops (stupid mental health). FighterWard appreciates it. As do I ...

What I own: A cute new dress to wear to my cousin's wedding anniversary party.

What I don't: Twilight

Chapter Forty-Four

Four Months Later

"I think that's the last box," Bella said, wiping her hands on her jeans. She took a look around the new home that she and Edward purchased together. It was on Bainbridge Island, just around the corner from where Emmett and Rosalie lived. It was Rose who told Bella about the place, and they jumped at the chance to purchase it. The timing of the sale, though, was chaotic, to say the least. "What were we smoking when we pulled the trigger on buying this place?"

"We wanted something bigger," Edward replied, adjusting a frame on the wall. "Your home on Mercer Island was great, but it had only two bedrooms with a loft." He walked over to her, pulling her into his arms. "You love this new place."

"I do, but I'm never moving again. We're never moving," she said, poking him in the chest. "We're dying in this house."

"No one's dying anytime soon, angel," Edward snorted, kissing her nose. "Have you heard from Rose today?"

"She sent a text. She hates being on bed rest, but her blood pressure is too high. They may induce labor as early as today," Bella replied. "Princess Hannah will be her sooner rather than later."

"That little girl is going to be so spoiled," Edward laughed. "How many outfits have we gotten for her?"

"I want my niece to be the best dressed baby on the planet," Bella scoffed, giving him a wry smile. "Anyway, I have to go into Bull Dog. I need to finalize travel plans for Brady, Collin and the new guy, Trevor, for the fight in Las Vegas. Have you worked with Trevor?"

"I have. He's got some fast hands and excellent footwork. I can see him going far," Edward grinned. "We sparred when he 'tried out' for Charlie. I won, but it was a close call." He sat down on the couch in their family room. Bella sat down on his lap. She trailed her fingers down his cheek. "I think I'm going to announce my retirement soon. Charlie's getting queries about when I'm fighting again ..."

"I've been getting calls, as well. The Vegas organizers were curious as to why you weren't fighting at that event," she said. "I was vague on my answer, saying that you were recovering from an injury."

"I hated that you had to lie for me," Edward frown. "I could fight, but ... I'm done."

"I know you were waffling between becoming an agent and coaching. Originally, you wanted to be an agent and then back to coaching ... have you decided?"

"Agent. I've been speaking with Alice and my first three clients are Brady, Collin, and Trevor," he smiled. "Moving forward, I'll be working with her and you to support them. I spoke to the three of them, with Jasper, and we signed a contract for me to act as their agent."

"Congratulations!" Bella sang, hugging her boyfriend.

"I also have some football players that Alice has as clients that are not happy with their representation. I'm meeting with them next week," Edward explained. "We're scrambling to furnish my new office before those meetings."