Chapter Eight

So, how do we like FighterWard? Isn't he swoon-worthy? Anyway, I hope you're enjoying the first chapter and now, we're going to find out more ... What happened to our dear FighterWard?

What I own: A kinky, crazy imagination ...

What I don't: Twilight

Chapter Eight

In the two weeks since their return from Vegas, Bella hadn't left her house except to pick up groceries. She'd made plans with Rose and Alice, but bugged out of them since she was in a funk. Jacob had been her constant companion for three years ... well, more like two and a half years ... the past six months he'd been pretty absent.

Absent because he was fucking anything with tits, and making some very, very poor choices.

Jacob's drug test did come up positive for cocaine, LSD and some performance enhancement drugs. With that, Charlie released him from his contract and said he was no longer welcome at Bull Dog MMA Fight Club. Sam Uley was also fired since he'd provided Jacob with the steroids.

Hearing that and knowing the truth, Bella gave herself some time to grieve the loss of her relationship. But, she was in such a funk. How had she missed this?

There was a large thump on her door. "Bitch, open up!" Rose bellowed. "No more wallowing!"

"Leave me alone," Bella grumbled under her breath. She stomped to the front door, scowling at the unwelcome porch dwellers. "What?"

Alice, a petite woman with short brown hair and the most unique golden eyes, gave her friend a sympathetic smile. "We've given you time, but you've got to come back to the land of the living," Alice said.

"And shower," Rose said, pushing into the house, carrying several grocery bags. "Girl, you stink."

"It's not like I haven't been working. I'm still doing my job," Bella argued, watching as her two best friends entered her home.

They both couldn't be more different from each other. Alice was tiny, almost elfin with her delicate features. Rose was tall, with long blonde hair, sea-green eyes and looked like a supermodel. Alice was in charge of social media, and public relations for the gym and acted as publicist for many local bigwigs in Seattle. Rose was a physical therapist, working at Bull Dog two days a week and working at her regular gym for the rest of the week. It was a partnership with a local physical therapist company.

"Yes, you're doing your job, but you're not caring about you," Alice said. "We have dinner, but why don't you shower? After we eat, we can go out for drinks."

Bella scowled at her friend, not wanting to get undressed, out of her oversized sweatshirt and leggings. Rose grabbed Bella's arm, physically forcing her into the bathroom. "Hells Bells, I know you're struggling with Jacob's betrayal. He's an asshole and he deserves everything he got. He does not deserve your grief. He fucked around on you. He took drugs. He cheated on you and in the ring. You deserve to be happy. You, wallowing in your own filth, is not being happy. Shower, do your hair, put on makeup and fun clothes. After we eat, we're going to a bar. I will be the designated driver ..."

"Wait, what?" Bella asked, looking at Rose. "Girl, you can drink more than your husband, but you're volunteering to be the DD?"

"Yeah, well, I can't drink. Not for at least nine months," Rose answered, "maybe longer!" She gave Bella a smile before scurrying out of the bathroom.

"You're PREGNANT?" Bella yelled to her retreating form. "That's how you tell me?"

Rose's response was an evil cackle.