Chapter Twenty-Nine

So, how do we like FighterWard? Isn't he swoon-worthy? Anyway, I hope you're enjoying the story ... What's up next?

Things are going to be slow-going for these two. Part of it is Edward wanting to do right by Bella. She'd been shattered by Jacob. She's leery of fighters and Edward wants to prove to her that not all fighters are assholes like her ex. The other part is that not all relationships jump right into the physical aspect. For me, I need to be emotionally attracted and intellectually attracted to a person before I can even begin to think about sleeping with them.

So, with that being said, there's a change in plans. We're going to have a date with Edward, along with some UST ... maybe a making out, heavy petting, dry humping? We'll also have the fight party at Rose and Emmett's place.

What I own: Some new Casetify cases for my iPhone.

What I don't: Twilight

Chapter Twenty-Nine

Bella drove home, showering and taking time to shave, buff, and polish every inch of her skin. She was curling her hair, pinning it back into a messy, romantic updo. As she was putting her makeup, her phone vibrated. I'm on my way, gorgeous. I can't wait to see you.

She blushed, smiling at his message, and tapped out a response. I'm putting final touches on my look for tonight. I'm excited to see you again ... in a suit, no less.

He didn't reply, as Bella assumed he was driving. She stood up, walking to her closet and putting on bronze cocktail dress that had spaghetti straps and skirt that hit mid-thigh. Because of the straps, she couldn't wear a bra and she toyed with the idea of going completely commando, but decided against it. She wore a pair of nude lacy panties that left very little to the imagination. Putting her phone, some lip gloss, her driver's license, and a credit card into a small clutch, she found a pretty pashmina to wrap around her shoulders.

There was a knock on her door, making her heart twist beneath her ribs. Walking to the entrance, she opened the door and had to stop from her jaw dropping to the floor. Edward wore a black suit with a white button down. He held a single sunflower as he grinned crookedly, handing it to her. His gaze grew heated when he looked at Bella. "You're exquisite, Bella."

"So are you, Edward," she said, smiling gently at the pretty flower in her hand. She gestured for him to come inside while she put the sunflower into a small bud vase. Looking coyly over her shoulder, placing the vase on the windowsill in her kitchen, she purred, "You're sexy in swim trunks and you're beyond hot in a suit."

"Hmmm, I beg to differ, gorgeous," he said, moving closer to her and slid his arms around her waist, turning her in his arms. "You are absolutely beautiful ... I will definitely have to show restraint. You teased me yesterday with all that skin in the hot tub. Now? It's glowing and begging for my touch in this dress." His hands moved up her back, sliding down her arms before he threaded their fingers together. "Shall we?"

"Yeah," she smiled. She locked the door, walking with Edward to his Volvo. Gallantly, he opened the passenger door and helped her in. He bent down pressing a soft kiss to her lips before walking to the driver's side. He backed out of the driveway, heading toward the city. "Where are we going?"

"Sunset dinner cruise," he answered. "Emmett and Rosalie were supposed to go but with Charlie moving up the departure date of the Portland fight, he gave me the tickets." His cheeks pinked up as he took a quick glance at his beautiful date. "I think he's happy that we've pulled our heads out of our asses."

"No, I pulled my head out of my ass," Bella snorted. "I'm still so ..."

"Don't finish that statement, gorgeous," Edward interrupted, shooting her a firm look. "No more apologies. We've moved on and we're together. You said so earlier today." He stopped at a light, looking directly. "You said you're mine."