Chapter Eleven

So, how do we like FighterWard? Isn't he swoon-worthy? Anyway, I hope you're enjoying the story ... What's up next?

Up next will be Edward and Bella getting to know each other, becoming friends.

What I own: Stress about a new job

What I don't: Twilight

Chapter Eleven

"Okay, we've got the boring paperwork done," Bella said. "Did my dad give you a tour?"

"He did. This place is amazing," Edward replied.

"Nothing but the best for our fighters. We have beginners all the way to professionals," she smiled. "Emmett Cullen is our biggest fighter at the moment. We had a few others, but they decided to leave Bull Dog after we cut ties with another fighter who had tested positive for performance enhancing drugs. We do not allow performance enhancement drugs in our facility. Dr. Cullen, Carlisle, who is Emmett's father, will not write a script, nor would he condone that behavior."

"And, the fighters that left felt like that policy was too strict?" Edward asked.

"More like they were standing in solidarity with the fighter who left ... he was my ex-boyfriend," Bella explained. "I was the frigid, uncaring bitch and he was the freewheeling, carefree fighter who didn't care who he hurt with his cheating, drug use and overspending. He owes the gym about $50,000 for back training fees, money for withdrawing from his last fight and a lot of room service, bottle service and ... manual service." Edward arched a brow. "He liked the ladies. If he couldn't find them for free, he'd paid for them."

"Gross," Edward groaned. "You said he was your boyfriend? Why would he do that to you? You're absolutely gorgeous."

Bella's cheeks flamed. He'd said it so easily. He thought she was gorgeous. As much as she loved hearing that from anyone other than her friends and family, she couldn't get used to it. "I appreciate the compliment, Mr. Masen, but ..."

"I'm sorry," he blurted. "I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. That was not my intention. I was merely stating a fact." He looked at her, giving her a gentle smile, which softened his features but not diminishing his beauty. This man was dangerous. He was soft spoken, polite and a perfect gentleman.

The complete and total opposite of Jacob.

She was in trouble. She was very attracted to Edward Masen ... very attracted.

"Please, call me Edward. Mr. Masen was my father and let's just say that if I'd had my way, I'd change my last name," Edward pressed. "I understand you were trying to distance yourself, but I promise to not blurt out odes to your exquisite beauty anymore."

Bella giggled, hiding her smile behind her hand. Edward's lips quirked up into a crooked grin as her giggles dissolved into full-blown laughter. "I'm sorry," she wheezed. "I ... it's been a while since I've laughed like that. Your sincere expression and tone were the perfect combination ..."

His smiled widened, lost in her carefree expression and loveliness. "Again, I was just stating a fact, Bella."

"Okay, enough of that. We're good here with the paperwork. I know that my dad said you were looking for a place to live. I gave him my realtor's number. Have you called her?" she asked.

"With my lingering concussion symptoms, I can't exactly do more than one thing at a time," he answered. "I think I might look at renting a furnished place since I sold my condo in Chicago with everything in it. Like you, I was dealing with a cheating ex, and she was the one who decorated my home."

Checking her watch, she frowned. "What time is your appointment with Carlisle?"

"My scans are at two and then I'm meeting him in his office Harborview at half past three," Edward answered.