Chapter Six

So, how do we like FighterWard? Isn't he swoon-worthy?

Again, I do apologize for the delay. A couple of things happened ... one, I had to put my sweet little furbaby (the aforementioned cranky dog) to sleep. She had a pretty substantial seizure that resulted in paralysis in her back legs. I loved my baby girl. She was my best friend and constant companion through my divorce, my mom's death, and COVID-19. I will, in time, get another furbaby, but for now, I need to grieve her. For those of you passed on condolences for my Wrigley. I appreciate it.

What I own: Way too many books

What I don't: Twilight

Chapter Six

"Will you put that phone away?" Emmett teased Bella.

"I'm cyberstalking Jacob, finding proof of his indiscretions," Bella answered, pursing her lips as she saw him posing with some skanky blonde. "God, her tits are all on display in this picture and is he groping her ass? What did I ever see in him?"

Emmett plucked the phone out of Bella's hand, stuffing it into his pocket. "Isabella Marie, I would be remiss as the husband of your best friend if I didn't tell you that you were obsessing. Jacob Black is a tool, and you deserve so much better. If I wasn't married to my Rosalie, I'd be the perfect man for you."

Bella gave her friend and fighter a bland look. "Emmett, I love you, but we'd kill each other. Also, I know that Jacob was a tool. He wasn't very tool-ish with me. Until now," Bella frowned. "Well, I know that now. Just seeing proof of his cheating in black and white on my computer, stealing from Bull Dog, makes me sick. I'm so fucking pissed."

"I don't blame you, Bella. We're all pissed," Emmett said, squeezing her hand. "I know that Rose talked to you about her ex ..."

"Royce King was an asshole, like Jacob," Bella spat. "An abusive, misogynistic asshole."

"Royce King got what he deserved, and then some," Emmett smirked, with a dark expression on his face.

What Royce got was an epic beating from Emmett when he saw Rosalie sobbing hysterically with battered face. Obviously, Rose and Emmett were not together at the time, but they had been friends. On top of cheating on Rose, Royce was also abusive and blamed Rose for everything, even when things went wrong with his side piece. Long story short, Royce ended up in prison for his abusive behaviors. He also had to pay restitution upon his release.

Now, Jacob wasn't abusive, but he was a cheater. All trust he'd gained was lost because of what he did ...

"Are you going to beat the shit out of Jacob?" Bella asked, wiping a tear from her face.

"If you want me to, I will, Bella," Emmett said, squeezing her close and kissing her cheek. "I could use some practice and I'll use Jacob's face as a punching bag."

"I'll let you know," Bella said. "Now, let's talk about this weekend. I'm acting as your representation. Jared will be ringside since Dad can't be at two places at once."

"I know, he told me," Emmett said. "Paul needs his hands held. Though, I'm surprised Charlie is at an MMA tournament. He's such a boxer."

"Again, Paul needs his support. Jared could have done it, but Paul sees something in my father that he desperately needed after his own father passed," Bella explained.

"Charlie is the father to us all. Well, so is Doc Cullen," Emmett laughed. "But, Doc Cullen is more like the stern dad. Charlie's the dad who would take you to your first titty bar."

"Oh, ewww, Emmett," Bella groaned, shuddering.

"What?!" he guffawed, giving Bella a silly grin.

"Back to the fight this weekend, you're getting weighed in tomorrow along with the news conference. The fight is happening the day after tomorrow. Your fight is scheduled second. I'll be with you at the news conference and check on you before you go into the arena, but I'll be watching from the private box that we'd purchased for the actual fight."