Chapter Thirty-One

So, how do we like FighterWard? Isn't he swoon-worthy? Anyway, I hope you're enjoying the story ... What's up next?

Things are going to be slow-going for these two. Part of it is Edward wanting to do right by Bella. She'd been shattered by Jacob. She's leery of fighters and Edward wants to prove to her that not all fighters are assholes like her ex. The other part is that not all relationships jump right into the physical aspect. For me, I need to be emotionally attracted and intellectually attracted to a person before I can even begin to think about sleeping with them.

Anyway, the next chapter will finally be the fight for Emmett and spending some time with our favorite gang, plus a new friend ... Peter. Leave me your thoughts. Thank you for your patience and for reading.

What I own: A crap-ton of pee pads for the aforementioned furbaby, Bailey. Potty training is a pain in the ass.

What I don't: Twilight

Chapter Thirty-One

Bella was curled up, snuggled against Edward's side. After an amazing night of exploration, teasing and touching, they fell asleep, sharing the rest of the bottle of wine. They fell asleep, unable to keep their hands to themselves. It was like they couldn't stop touching every inch of bare skin. It wasn't about orgasms or getting off, but about memorizing and building the intimacy they both craved.

It had been the most sensual Bella had experienced.

Edward tightened his hold on her, trailing his fingers along her spine. Her soft skin was the most exquisite thing he'd ever felt. "I could get used to this," he said in a rumbly whisper.

"Sleeping almost naked?" she asked, yawning after she pressed a kiss to his chest.

"That's a given," he laughed. "But, sleeping with you. Holding you." Blinking down at her, his heart gave a twist in his chest, seeing her doe eyes, soft with sleep and mussed hair from his hands along with their slumber. Yeah, he really could get used to waking up to her in his arms.

"Me, too," she murmured, moving closer and pressing her bare breasts to his side. As she snuggled on his chest, she felt his stomach rumble. "Damn, do you have grizzly bears snarling from your belly?"

He barked a laugh, rolling them so he was above her. He nuzzled her neck and tickled her sides, just to hear her giggles. She squealed his name as his scruffy chin came in contact with the sensitive flesh behind her ear. "No grizzly bears," he snickered. "But, I am hungry." He pressed a soft kiss to her lips, blinking at his clock. "Wow, I've never slept this late."

"Did I disrupt your training?" Bella asked, her face sobering.

"I'm taking this weekend off, love," Edward said. "Charlie told me to relax." He got up gracefully, far more graceful than any man should have just after waking up. "Do you want some breakfast?"

"I'd like some clothes," she smirked, sitting up and clearly comfortable in her nudity. "My dress is nice, but not comfortable. I don't mind having you see me like this, but the rest of the world? Not so much."

"Damn," he sighed. "You deny your beautiful body?"

"Now that this bridge has been crossed, you can have it any time you want. But, the rest of the world are pervs," she laughed.

"Hmmmm, good to know," he retorted, opening up a drawer and tossing her a t-shirt with a pair of workout shorts. He plucked out a pair for himself, sliding them up his legs. "Pancakes or waffles?"

"Pancakes," she answered, slipping on the shirt. "And, I'm helping."

"You can help by keeping me company," he said, holding out his hand.