Chapter Thirteen

So, how do we like FighterWard? Isn't he swoon-worthy? Anyway, I hope you're enjoying the story ... What's up next?

Anyway, tomorrow is the apartment hunt and finding more about Edward and Victoria's past, along with the how's and why's Edward began fighting in the first place.

What I own: A flair for the dramatic

What I don't: Twilight

Chapter Thirteen

Edward, after a short nap to reinvigorate his weary soul, ordered some room service and spent the rest of the night thinking about the beautiful Bella Swan. She was strong, smart and beyond gorgeous. Hell, after dinner, he wrapped his hand around his cock and had one of the best self-served orgasm he'd had in years. All because he was picturing Bella as he disappeared inside her ...

You're turning into a pervert, Masen.

The orgasm also helped with his headache, too.

He was flipping through the channels, watching the news, and trying not to think of Bella. His phone rang from the nightstand, making him jump. "Masen," he answered brusquely.

"So friendly, Edward," Marcus teased. "Are you settled in Seattle?"

"In a hotel, yes," he laughed. "I'm going in search of an apartment tomorrow. The general manager of the gym is helping me out since I'm flying blind, at the moment."

"How did you like Charlie?" Marcus asked. "When we first opened Volterra, Charlie fought in Chicago, and I met him when he needed stitches in his eyebrow. Great fighter, but the sweatiest human alive, though."

"I liked him. He has so much more integrity and class than your brothers, Marcus," Edward replied. "I also liked Carlisle Cullen, but I have to ask, why didn't you tell me about that thing on my scans? That contusion?"

"It's called a hematoma," Marcus explained.

"You knew about it?" Edward pressed.

"I didn't. I swear, but the name of what you have is called a hematoma," Marcus murmured. "My brothers watch every move I make and if I'd scheduled more intense scans, they would have known. I'm sorry for not giving you the best care possible, but in a way I was trying to protect you. Aro and Caius, they would have ... forced you to fight and we both know what would have happened if you had. Then, they'd cut you loose and leave you destitute, saying that you were unable to fulfill your contract, taking you to court."

"So, you were trying to protect me," Edward sighed.

"In a way. I'm surprised that Dr. Clearwater didn't share his findings with Caius or Aro," Marcus huffed.

"As soon as I woke up, I told him, explicitly, to not speak to Caius, Aro or Victoria," Edward said. "It appears that he followed through on my request."

"Remind me to send a thank you card to Dr. Clearwater," Marcus laughed humorlessly. "Speaking of Victoria, you'll never believe who she's fucking. She's been hanging around the gym a lot, drooling over the newest fighter who took over your top spot once you left."

"James Danforth," Edward answered flatly.

"You knew?"

"I walked in on them when he was fucking her ass," Edward droned. "I calmly told her to pack up her shit and be out of the condo in ten minutes. James had the audacity to invite me to join them. But, I knew him as Jimmy. That's what Victoria called him. God, she loves shortening names. She called me Eddie so many times, despite my near constant pleas for her to stop. My name is Edward. I'd respond to Masen. But never Ed, Teddy and most definitely not Eddie." He shuddered at the memory.