Chapter Thirty-Two

So, how do we like FighterWard? Isn't he swoon-worthy? Anyway, I hope you're enjoying the story ... What's up next?

What's happening with Emmett and James?

What I own: Bone tired ... teacher tired ... of the school year teacher-tired body.

What I don't: Twilight

Chapter Thirty-Two

"It's starting again," Jasper said, pointing to the television. "James appears to be in better shape."

Edward frowned, holding Bella's hand as he watched the fight continue. James played defense, only taking a few punches. He mainly blocked Emmett's blows. The fight continued along this vein until the second to the last round. Emmett was getting tired, but still put everything into the fight. When the bell indicated the end of the round, James flew at Emmett and rapidly hitting him in the head. Emmett fell onto the ground, clearly unconscious. The bell rang consistently as Charlie and Caius moved to pull James off Emmett.

"Bells, why did he do that?" Rose asked, her voice sounding hysterical. "Why did he attack my monkey man after the round was over?"

"I don't know, Rose," Bella said, moving to crouch in front of Rosalie.

"Oh, fuck! He's seizing!" Charlie growled on the television.

"Bella!" Rose cried, gripping Bella's arms. Her face was contorted in anguish, terror. "I need to get to Emmett!"

"We'll get us there," Bella whispered quietly, gesturing for someone to turn off the television. She handed Edward her phone. "On my phone, there's a number for ... a private charter company."

"Bensen Aviation?" Edward asked, arching a brow as he scrolled through her contacts.

"Make arrangements for Rose, Alice and me to fly to Portland," she pleaded, hugging her hysterical friend who was inconsolable.

"I want to go, too. You may need legal representation," Jasper growled. "I can be the spokesperson for the gym."

Edward nodded, stepping out of the family room, which had been filled with a cacophony of sounds – mainly of shock and anger. He made arrangements for Bella, Rose, Alice, and Jasper to fly up to Portland. The pilot, a close friend of Charlie's, waived the cost of the private charter and promised wheels up in an hour.

Bella went up to Rose and Emmett's bedroom and packed a bag for both of them. Alice was working on a statement that Jasper was going to say outside of the hospital since the fight had been so heavily publicized.

Edward took the luggage, loading it into his car. "Edward, I'm sorry," Bella whispered as she realized who she neglected.

"Gorgeous, I get it," he smiled, pulling her into a hug. "It actually works out for the best. I can swing by your place to pack a bag for you and for Alice and Jasper, as well. I'll be on the road as soon as I can. By the time you get to Portland, you can tell me where Emmett's being hospitalized. I'll also make hotel reservations for us. Let me help you, Bella."

She looked up at him, trailing her fingers down his slightly scruffy face. She moved to her tiptoes and pressed her mouth to his, sliding her arms around his neck. He eagerly welcomed her kiss, hugging her to his body. "Thank you, Edward," she whispered against his mouth.

"Anything for you, love," Edward replied, giving her an understanding grin. "Let's get you to the private airfield and Rosalie to her monkey man."

Bella snorted, snuggling in Edward's arms. Even though he was healthy and whole, he'd been in a similar position as Emmett just months before. He'd had to navigate it all by himself. His girlfriend was fucking around on him, and his coach was pushing him to get back in the ring before he was ready. "Edward," she murmured. "I know it's too soon ... but, I love you. I can't imagine what or how I'd react if it were you hurt like this."