Chapter Twenty-Two

So, how do we like FighterWard? Isn't he swoon-worthy? Anyway, I hope you're enjoying the story ... What's up next?

Up next will be ... Bella's road to recovery, both physically and emotionally. How will she react to knowing that she used FighterWard as her own human body pillow? We're also going to start training with Charlie 'Bull Dog' Swan. You think I'm lying about the drool. It will be messy.

Up next will be Edward and Charlie checking on Bella and a long-overdue conversation between Charlie and his daughter.

I do apologize for the delays. First off, I had a recent death in my family. My aunt, who was my godmother and adoptive mom after my own mother passed away, died rather suddenly. She fell and never regained consciousness after she had a couple of seizures. As of right now, it's the day before her wake and funeral and my mind is on my family.

Secondly, I started some new meds that really wipe me out. Once I take them, I have to go to bed within an hour or I'm a drooling mess. I'm hopeful to get back to my regular posting schedule by next week. Thank you for your patience.

What I own: A brand new faucet for my guest bathroom, one that no longer leaks!

What I don't: Twilight

Chapter Twenty-Two

"Alice, can you go into my closet and find my cast condom?" Bella asked her friend. "I'm covered in sand, dirt and ... fuck it, the beach. I'm covered in the beach." She ran her hand through her hair, grimacing when she remembered the laceration along her hairline from her drugged clumsiness. "I can't wash my hair. Damn it."

"Not in the shower, but I can do it for you in the sink, Hells Bells," Alice said. "Where was that cast condom?"

"It should be in the closet, in my underwear drawer," Bell explained, shifting on the bed.

Alice went into her closet, ruffling through the drawers. She found the 'cast condom', pulling it out and carrying it to the bathroom. While she was in there, she turned on the water and cleared off the bench inside. "Come on, Gimpy. Let me help you."

"I need a shower cap. I think I have one from my trip to the Wynn when I dumped Jake's ass," Bella deadpanned. Standing up, she slipped the crutches underneath her arms and hobbled to the bathroom. Bella sat down on the toilet and wrapped a towel around her body, removing her clothes.

Alice found the shower cap. With Alice's help, they wrapped her cast in the cover. Leaning heavily on her friend, Bella sat down on the bench with her towel. Alice pulled the removable shower head, angling it away from Bella. "Holler when you're done. I'm going to make some more coffee and we're going to have a chat after you're all cleaned up. It's a lovely day. The view over the lake is just what you need."

"I don't know, Alice," Bella grumbled. "Possible concussion and sunlight?"

"Work with me, Swan," Alice said. "We need to talk."

"Okay, okay," Bella agreed. After Alice left the bathroom, Bella let the water just wash over her body. The warmth of the water relaxed her body. She sighed as the grime, sand and schmutz washed down the drain. Using her body pouf, she poured a healthy amount of body wash into, scrubbing at her skin, avoiding the red and angry welts on her legs and palms of her hands. She stayed in the shower until the water turned cold, standing up to turn off the shower. Wrapping the towel around her body, she called out for Alice.

A half hour later, Alice helped wash Bella's hair and then they went outside. Bella was sitting on one of the chaise lounges, with another ice pack around cast. Sipping on some coffee, Alice arched a brow at her friend. "Alright, Bells. Spill ... what's going on with you and Edward Masen?"