Chapter Five

So, how do we like FighterWard? Isn't he swoon-worthy?

I do apologize for the delay. A couple of things happened ... one, I had to put my sweet little furbaby (the aforementioned cranky dog) to sleep. She had a pretty substantial seizure that resulted in paralysis in her back legs. I loved my baby girl. She was my best friend and constant companion through my divorce, my mom's death, and COVID-19. I will, in time, get another furbaby, but for now, I need to grieve her. For those of you passed on condolences for my Wrigley. I appreciate it.

Two, I'm going back to school. In a new position. A new position that will undoubtedly give me more grey hairs and stomach ulcers. I can't say how it'll impact my update schedule, but we'll have to see.

What I own: A love of twinkle lights

What I don't: Twilight

Chapter Five

Isabella Swan, sitting in her office at Bull Dog MMA Fighting Club, was trying to make sense of the financial statements. There were some questionable charges on the business account that were raising red flags. She crossed her legs underneath the sleek black desk, wriggling her foot anxiously as she scrolled through pages of charges to the business credit card. With each problematic charge, she grew more and more aggravated. She ground her teeth, trying not to trash her feminine and sexy office.

In a man's world, a male-dominated sport, she needed femininity. She needed flowers, flourishes, and fragrance. Her office was her own personal Zen, but reading about the top shelf alcohol, an overabundance of food, and several boxes of condoms, purchased by one of her fighters?

There was zero Zen.

Instead, there was the sting of anger and betrayal, to be honest.

"Bella, do you have the paperwork for Emmett?" asked Charlie Swan, Bella's father, and retired boxer from the doorway of her office.

He was known as 'Bull Dog' because of his aggressive fighting style. He was also given the moniker because of the abundance of slobber when he wore his mouth guard.

The drool was real. Disgustingly real.

When Charlie retired, he opened up this gym and it became a family affair. As a little girl and all through college, Bella trained in mixed martial arts, but only fought in amateur bouts when she needed to blow off steam. She mainly handled the business side of the gym. "Little Bell, are you with me?"

"Sorry, Dad," Bella responded, shaking her head. "What were you saying?"

"Emmett's paperwork for his fight in Vegas," Charlie said, arching a brow.

"Right ... Yeah," Bella nodded, holding up a file folder. "It has his credentials, flight information, reservations at the Wynn and schedule for his trip."

"Does he need a car?" Charlie asked, taking the file, flipping through it.

"In Vegas?" Bella retorted. "I arranged for a limo to pick him up and the Wynn will provide a car service if he needs it. When I was printing out the information, I found something from the last fight where we sent Jacob. I know you don't deal with the money."

"What?" Charlie frowned, walking to look at the computer screen.

Jacob Black, who was Bella's longtime boyfriend, used to be coached by Charlie. Charlie and Jacob did not get along, to be honest. Their relationship was like oil and water, but it worked for their coaching relationship. Charlie just antagonized Jacob until he submitted to his will. Charlie did not like that he was dating his only child, but he wouldn't break them up. For a time, Jacob made Bella happy.