Chapter Twenty-Four

So, how do we like FighterWard? Isn't he swoon-worthy? Anyway, I hope you're enjoying the story ... What's up next?

Up next will be a conversation between Edward and Alice, discussing his 'image', along with plans for rebuilding that image. We're also going to get some Bella/Edward time, too.

What I own: A SUV that's in desperate need of a bath

What I don't: Twilight

Chapter Twenty-Four

While Charlie and Bella reconnected over spaghetti and meatballs, Alice demanded that Edward drive them back to his apartment so he could change. Apparently, his dark wash jeans and t-shirt were not appropriate for the steakhouse Alice wanted to take him to. Despite spending the day at Bella's, helping her out, Alice was still dressed to the nines. She told him to put on a suit without a tie.

Wrinkling his nose, Edward went to change and put on a pair of black dress pants with a black dress shirt. He topped it off with a black leather sport coat. He also packed a small overnight bag and tossed his dirty workout clothes into his hamper. Spraying on some cologne, he walked out to his living room.

"Your place is very interesting," Alice said, giving him a wry grin and gesturing to the rustic décor. Her eyes lit up when she took him in. "Very nice attire, Masen. Most of the guys need to have their clothes labeled."

"This place was decorated when I rented it. I didn't want to buy something if this wasn't a good fit," Edward explained. "I sold my condo in Chicago with all the furniture. Fresh start and all that."

"Oh, thank goodness," Alice laughed, looking at his apartment. "This is all sorts of tacky."

"It's growing on me, but I prefer ... not this," he laughed. "I'm not into this." He vaguely gestured to his apartment. "Cow horns? Nope. I like the wooden accents, but the rest? Meh." He went to the fridge to grab a bottle of water. "Do want anything?"

"Nope," she said. "We've got a reservation at El Gaucho at six. The steak is to die for!"

Nodding his head, he picked up his bags and keys, opening the door for Alice. They got back into his car and drove to El Gaucho in downtown Seattle. Alice told him to use the valet, plucking the ticket from the attendant. Walking inside, the host led them to a private dining room. "Alice, this is too much."

"I'm expensing this, Edward," Alice smirked. "Besides, I'm a month too late. I wanted to take you out once you arrived, but my dad said that to hold off until you got some more solid news on the head injury. Since you've started training, I think it's a good idea to talk about your public relations plan. But first, we need wine."

"Alice, I'm training," Edward argued.

"One glass will not hurt you," Alice chided. "I'll drink most of the bottle." She waved down their server. "Do you prefer red or white, Edward?"

"White. Less possibility of having a hangover," Edward said.

"Can we get a bottle of the Scarpetta, with two glasses?" Alice ordered without looking at the menu, flashing the server a grin. "Can we also get an order of the scallops, crab cakes, the tenderloin Diablo and pork belly to start?"

"Of course, Mrs. Whitlock," replied the server. "Only the best for you." With a flourish, the server left.

"So, I suggest either the steak El Gaucho or the Chateaubriand," Alice sang. "With a salad. We can split the tableside Caesar. It's delicious."

"I don't know where I'm going to put all this," Edward laughed.

"Charlie probably said you need to gain weight, right?" Alice asked. "You need protein to rebuild your muscles."