Until we meet again...

Gwen Stacy, had grown as a blooming and talented young girl, so invested in what she loved that she had her father bet on her future as a star, resulting in him giving her or paying for her lessons to help her grow with her dreams. To becoming withdrawn with the loss of her dear best friend and confident, she felt her world crumbling, being always on debt and stressed over the idea of her father being harmed if she couldn't assemble the right amount of money, being scared of talking to people. After all, if she made friends, they could be in danger too. She couldn't bare the loss of one more friend. She never wanted to go through that again... But then she met Miles Morales.

A young boy who had always been open to people, joyful and with amazing social skills. The first time he met Gwen, he was amazed by her breathtaking beauty, later grew to be amused by their dynamic and every aspect of her personality. She made him want to display the best in him, who wasn't a very confident person at the beginning, always insecure about how he could deceive his loved ones, about not being enough.
Falling in love with Gwen surely helped him overcome this insecurity, and falling in love with Miles helped her open up again. The love birds were so fond of each other, they were rarely seen without one another, she would secretly look at photos of them before going to sleep, a smile unconsciously forming on her lips, and he would, to kill time, draw her face on his sketchbook everytime he thought of her.

Regaining a taste for life thanks to Miles, Gwen had come to see again her goals in life. Letting it all out through music again in front of him reminded her of what she had always loved to do. And meeting with Hobie made her realise that was what she wanted to do.

But what she also wanted... was Miles. And being at her lowest after their breakup made her put her goals in first, thinking she wouldn't have to deal with him again. But of course she had understimate him, and underestimate her feelings for him. She was starting to regret her spontaneous decision to travel in another continent as they were growing even closer than before, because there were no more lies, doubts or person between them now. It was just Gwen and Miles.

But learning through Hobie, that she had planned to go pursue her dreams in England, and that the only thing that was making her hesitate was him, Miles felt guilty. « Listen bro I'm gonna be honest with you, we got only 3 days left and I don't feel like Gwen is gonna tell you soon enough. When I go to London, I go with her, she wants to do music. It's her dream, you know that. But you, » he had poked Miles on his chest, « you're the man she loves, so whatever decision she takes, you know you gotta be here for her man. It's about Gwen, but it's also about you. I know whatever decision will affect both of you. » He had told his friend, and this was just one day before the Secret Santa party. Miles was shook for a moment and felt overwhelmed by the sudden news, but he right away understood why Gwen didn't want to go back with him yet, and why she « needed time to think ».
He remembered their conversation : « I didn't know you had difficulties in philosophy ? » He had said surprised after they were caught skipping class, and she had answered « You'd be surprised... I only have good grades in 3 subjects. »

Understanding that she was not doing what she was enjoying, Miles could see why she and Hobie quickly got closer, and with this, right here right now, he couldn't tell her to give up on her dreams and possibly the biggest and only occasion in her life to reach it just to stay with him, it would be selfish.

I know you gotta leave for England Gwen. He weakly smiled, my heart missed a beat. And I want you to think of me everyday, because that's what I'll do.

Miles... how...

It doesn't matter, I just want you to be happy Gwen. I've caused you enough troubles, it's time you go after your dreams now.