FEAST

The rest of the week went well, in fact school have never felt so good for me. The time I spent with Miles, his friends.. I was happy, genuinely. I had even started talking with my roommate, Cindy, and she was a cute person. She told me during the weeks I was absent, Miles once came to get news from me and she slapped him because he slipped through the window while she was still in her bath suit. This made me laugh and warmed my heart to learn how worried Miles was about me at this time. I'm lucky to have him honestly. But of course the hapinness couldn't last for too long. Everything was fine until I received this message.
"Gather the money. Will retrieve it on the alleyway beside the arcade."

I was currently there, waiting while sitting on the cold floor. I opened my wallet and looked at the bundle of dollars with a faint smile. It's over now. I won't ever see them again, I can live my life to the fullest, without any worries, without being stressed over every beginning of months, without having to keep secrets from the ones I love. I will finally be living the life of a 18 years old girl and be 100% myself. I heard a crackle sound and immediately turned my head to where it came from. A tall silhouette stood there before me and I lift my eyes to see this purple mask once more. I stood up letting out a sigh and cleared my throat.

Here. This is the last one thousand. Now don't come near me ever again, the deal is over. I said handing him my wallet. He didn't move for a minute but just when I moved my eyes he snatched it from my hand, took the money and threw the wallet on the ground. Okay.. I said.

5K more. He said putting the money in his pocket. My heart stopped for a minute and I gulped wishing I didn't hear what he just said. Tears started to form in my eyes as I chuckled in disbelief.

What..?

You heard it. He said before showing me his back. I closed my eyes breathing in and out, trying to keep my calm but I was trembling. I grabbed my own wrist trying to stop all the shaking.

I just owed you one thousand more where does this come from ? I yelled to stop him for walking, and indeed he stopped, but didn't turn around.

Boss said, give 5K more.

I don't fucking care what your boss said ! I yelled tears finally coming out my eyes. This deal is over, I don't owe you nothing anymore ! You've been harrassing me for a whole year, can't you just leave me alone... I whispered falling down. I couldn't believe what was happening, it wasn't supposed to go that way. Howdid it turn out like this, they have no reason to add such an amount, I wasn't even concerned by this in the first place but I was involved despite myself. I still, for one whole year, gave them every month the money Peter owed. So they can't do that. You have no rights... I added.

I said but he wasn't even listening as he was walking out, did he even heard me ? They clearly didn't give a fuck about my feelings, they were just looking for more and more money, and I was now apart of this vicious circle. I didn't want it, I didn't want this life and it was supposed to end today. But life had something else for me. I sat down and just started crying, bent knees and arms crossed on it, I let it all out.

• • •

For at least one hour I was sat there, just depressing about how miserable life was. Letting out a sigh, I decided to stand up as I could feel droplets of rain and walked to the only place I could think of following tonight events. I went inside the building, the lights were still on and while I walked people were greeting me but I was so lost in my thoughts I couldn't reply.

This place was the FEAST, short for Food, Emergency, Aid, Shelter and Training. This place helped people in difficulties like me, people the government or laws couldn't help. I met with the owner last year, after I made it on the news he came to me and offered help, saying he knew about my situation, and he did, in fact he was trying to take down Kingpin's organisation for a while now. His name was...

Peter...

Gwen ? PER-FECT timing I was looking at pictures of- Gwen are you alright ?

Peter this is never going to end.. I started to cry again. He immediately stood up from his chair and ran to me to give me a hug.

What happened.

He said... his boss added 5 thousand more to my debt... I said sobbing. I could feel him clenching his fist as he stroked my back.

I met Peter one week after loosing my Peter, I used to call him B at the time because his second name is Benjamin because the name Peter was still a heavily sensible topic for me at the time. He was the one to give me the money every month to transfer to kingpin's organisation. He saved my life, just like he saved many other people's. Peter lost his wife MJ to Kingpin 3 years ago now so he raises his daughter alone. He swore to took revenge at first, but when he realised how powerful and how much influence Kingpin's organisation had he decided to just help people who were on similar situations and founded this association. He is the most caring person in the world.

Don't worry Gwen. I'll fix this. He reassuringly said in a determined tone.

@ImJuju09 @Sophie_Dreams0 y'all saw what was coming😩

Should I post next chapter today too ?

Please vote and comment <3

love birdsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara