Peter ?

« Give the money if you don't want to lose someone else

« Give the money if you don't want to lose someone else. We know where you are. Show this to anyone and he's dead. — Prowler »

I read what the message said with a frown and sighed crushing the paper out of frustration. Those clowns are still after me... and I can do nothing about it, but obey them. I put my hood on and went to my room hand in my pocket. I felt relieved after checking the room and realising Cindy wasn't here because I currently didn't have the energy to fake a smile. I walked a few steps and collapsed on the chair in front of the desk then decided to do my homework to try and forget this message. I really tried. For like 30 minutes, but I just couldn't help thinking about it. It just upsets me so much.. and I know only one thing to do when I'm in this state. Without further ado, I took my phone and my coat, it was currently 8pm and most students were already in their rooms so the hallway was kinda empty. I was heading to the theatre where I knew I could find music instruments.

I walked into the dark room, all lights were turned off and luckily the door was open. I closed it with the inside key and climbed to the stage. I went behind the curtains and found what I was looking for. A smile naturally formed its way into my lips as I stared at the drum for a minute. It's been a long time since I played honestly but this his how I express my feeling, how I forget my problems. I pushed it to the stage and took a stool, I sat down on it eyes closed and started to slowly hit the drums with my sticks. As I was remembering the message from earlier I started to beat the drums more aggressively and with a fastest rhythm.

Give the money if you don't want to lose someone else.

Gwen !

We know where you are.

I love you butterfly

Show this to anyone and he's dead

Peter
Peter
Peter...

Look at you ! You're disgusting ! Don't you ever talk to me or come near me again in this state, it's not you !

Gwen ! go to the backroom and call the police !

Peter !

Everything's gonna be okay...

I'm so sorry !

The world counts multiple amazing people I'm sure you will like, and they'll like you the same

Gwen !

Peter !

I stopped beating as soon as I realised my heart was throbbing really fast and I was breathing loudly, tears naturally escaping my eyes. I lifted them up and met eyes with Miles. We looked at each other for a minute before I came back to my senses, I cleared my throat and immediately looked down, ashamed. Please tell me he haven't seen all of that.. I wiped my eyes and stayed silent waiting for him to say something... or just leave...

Who's Peter ? He bluntly asked.

N-no one. I mentally cussed at myself for stuttering and tried to cover it with a fake cough. What are you doing here Miles ? I asked finally looking at him.

I was here for like.. an hour, I often come to listen to music but the sound of your drums was louder than my music and that's when I noticed you.. your song was cool at the beginning but then you started playing like you was murdering someone so I guessed I'd check. He shrugged looking a bit awkward. Damn. So he was here the whole time. Explains why the door was open..

So... you've seen everything ? I still asked and he nodded. I immediately looked down totally embarrassed.

But it was good, you play like a pro ! He added and I lifted my head back up to meet his eyes.

I'm sorry you had to witness this Miles..

It's nothing really, we all need to express ourselves sometimes when we're upset or what.. even I do that ! He exclaimed pointing at himself, for some reasons it reassured me and I smiled a little.

Thank you I guess... I shrugged. He took another stool and sat next to me.

So... do you want to talk about it ? He innocently asked lifting an eyebrow and I immediately stood up. I didn't like what he was trying to do.

No I'm good, it was great to see you Miles bye. I rapidly said then started fast walking to the exit not giving him a single look. He stood up as well quickly catching up with me and grabbed my wrist.

You know it can help to-

I don't need your help Miles, leave me alone. I said in an unintentional cold and harsh tone and snatched my hand off his grip. The look he gave me... he seemed startled and disappointed...

Once outside I let out a big sigh feeling all the pressure down. I'm sorry Miles, it's not you... I just can't make friends, I'm a scaredy-cat...

AN: 2 chapters as a thanks for 1k and rankings🥹