She doesn't know you like I do

« that man... turns out to be your uncle. »

« I know that sounds crazy Miles but you have to believe me. »

« he's lying to you Miles he's a criminal ! »

« He killed my best friend ! »

« He's a killer Miles ! »

« I would never try to hurt you.. I'm just trying to protect you... »

Her words kept replaying in my minds over and over during my way back home, and the picture of her desperate face wouldn't leave my head either. Honestly all of this gave me nothing but headaches. I had made it home by now, thankfully no one was here so I wouldn't have to explain my disastrous mood. I threw myself in my bed, mixed between anger, doubt and regret. She sounded genuine to be honest, and I know her she would never lie to me. But Uncle Aaron would never do something that inhuman either ! The worst thing he may have done was bringing me to graffiti on a wall.

Like he would hurt a fly. I snorted to myself, shaking my head. I never ever saw him fighting, even that one day when I was a kid, I remember he and dad arguing so bad I thought they would come to hands, my father threw him a punch but uncle Aaron didn't fight back ! It wasn't him to hurt people !
He knows Gwen is my girlfriend, he knows I love her, he wouldn't do that to her. That man taught me so many things about life, just being the best mentor I could've ever wished for and always helping me stay in the right path. « I would never try to hurt you.. » Shit ! I slammed my hand into the mattress as her voice played in my head again. Roughly biting my lip, a battle started in my inner self. Why did I always had to choose between the people I love ?

I've known uncle Aaron my whole life, and he's an amazing person but Gwen... she's probably the best thing that happened to me and... she isn't a liar. She wouldn't just come and try to ruin my relationship with uncle Aaron, she's not that type of person... and it would make no sense !
« I'm just trying to protect you... » that's what she said... and that's what she does. This whole thing is so fucked up... I thought as I shot my eyes close, clenching my fists.

And what did I do ? I disrespected her. I was an asshole. I threw her horrible words, of course I didn't mean it, why did I say that ? Why didn't I try to understand her ? Maybe because I don't want to believe her. I can't believe her. That's it, she must be talking about someone else. She must've seen someone else and mistaken them for uncle Aaron.

« I don't trust her man. » I flicked my eyes open, suddenly remembering his words that day. I frowned confused. That day... he was on Margo's side, was it because he knows her better or... because he has history with Gwen ?

Arrrg fuck ! I sat back up and took out my phone, not even noticing I had been shaking this whole time. I went to my contacts and pressed Gwen's number, she has to answer. No matter how this whole situation will end up, I gotta apologise better for what I said. I started repeatedly tapping my feet on the floor. I need to be the boyfriend she needed. The Miles she knows, not whatever I pulled up 30 minutes ago ! Please answer... I whispered to myself.

—...

Gwen ? She answered ! Fuck yes, she ain't giving me the silent treatment ! Gwen listen I gotta apologise please let me come to your house I-

Gwen is not available so call later or never scumbag ! A masculine voice surprised me instead of Gwen's soothing one, and then hung up.

What the fuck ? I frowned, looking at the caller ID to make sure she actually was the one I called. And it was her, it was her contact so why the fuck did I heard a man's voice ? Was it her dad's ?