...Kiss you ?

Can I kiss you ? She asked cutting me off and I let my spoon fall, staggered. Did I heard that right ? She asked if she could kiss me ? Just like this, out of nowhere ? I was so surprised I didn't know how to react.

Gwen...

I know, sorry that was weird, I don't know what came over me... she awkwardly chuckled looking at her fingers. Why would you after all.. she whispered to herself dozing off but I gently grabbed her hand, intertwining our fingers. Her attention got back to me soon enough as she looked up. I slowly shook my head with a reassuring smile to tell her it was okay.

Why not. I said lowering my eyes to her pink lips. My heart was beating damn fast, as this moment finally came. I saw her biting her lip like she would often do and dude that got me even more impatient I mean, it's so attractive.

Hands up kid. I heard and the next moment before I could even move a finger I felt a cold metal on the back of my head. What the actual fuck. I know it was nothing good seeing Gwen's facial expression, she looked shocked and terrified. Her bright blue eyes were widen as she looked above of me. I just let out a shaky breathe gulping and slowly put my hands up like he asked. I intensely stared at Gwen advising her to do the same. She looked at me with her teary eyes and did the same trembling. Good now go to the back with everyone else.

We stayed silent and slowly stood up, I walked next to her and we went with the people who were already standing lined up before the wall. I watched as more and more people got threatened and forced to go to the back.

You, open this and put the money in the bag. I heard a strange voice and curiously glanced. A masked man was threatening the cashier with a big gun. Is this a robbery ? No way it's happening. No way it happens now.

Call your boss young lady.. the one that threatened us told another employee and she slowly nodded while crying. The atmosphere was so heavy, but everything was so calm, I could feel everyone's fear. I clenched my fist because we could do nothing but endure it and obey. We were their plaything, our lives were in the palms of their hands and we could do nothing about it if not prayers. I hated that, feeling so low and submissive, but above all I was still scared. Scared for me, and for Gwen too.

Miles.. I heard Gwen's trembling whisper and glimpsed at her right away trying to stay discreet. I'll try to send my dad a quick alarm, he programmed it in my phone. Please cover me. She whispered slowly breathing. I could tell she was at the verge of panicking and I frowned at her idea.

Don't do anything Gwen, it's too risky. Just wait they will go ! I firmly said but she didn't listen to me, she gave me an apologetic look and took her phone from her pocket. Tsk... I sighed placing myself a bit in front of her to hide her moves.

She was risking too much here but I couldn't stop her or we'll both get caught. I saw her unlocking her phone and going to an app very quickly, when she pressed a button, her phone made a pitch noise which startled both of us and I swear at that moment my heart missed a beat. Nothing could compare to the fear I felt at that moment. The fear of losing my life, or losing Gwen. The gangsters all abruptly turned to us. Gwen closed her eyes putting her phone back in her pocket as two of them slowly approached us, stopping right in front of her.

Did I just heard your phone ? One of them said, Gwen didn't answered still trembling out of fear and I lowered my eyes to my feet scared as well. I'M TALKING TO YOU ! He suddenly yelled making us flinch.

No... she whispered. There was a loud silence and I could feel everyone's gaze on us. Will this ever end ? Will we survive this ? Can someone please stop this mess, can someone interrupt him and save us ? His laugh cut the silence.