Insecure

Checking my phone to see if he had sent me any messages about his arrival, I was waiting for Miles to come as I already ordered a pizza for both of us. I prepared myself really fast to come here just to clarify myself because even if I think he's overreacting, I hate that he feels bad about this situation. The noise of the door's bells made me look up but I sighed seeing it was just another random person. I let my head fall in my crossed arms on the table closing my eyes, maybe hoping that time will pass faster if I ignored it.

Yo. I heard as I later lifted my head, I guess time really passed quicker. Questionably quick. It was Miles, standing before me and my eyes right away turned to the person standing next to him as I frowned. What the hell is going on.

Okay.. I began. So we have a guest, I should order one more pizza.. I stated totally confused and upset but I didn't wanna show it. This was probably the most random things that could happen today and I was starting to think he did it on purpose.

Hey Gwen. She said as I eyed her. She was timidly standing next to Miles who cleared his throat putting both his hands flat on the table.

Listen, I brought Margo-

I noticed, I don't know what's the plan but if it's about the Hobie situation you're very childish Miles. I furrowed my eyebrow taking a sip of my cup of water. I couldn't believe, we just hang up on an argument and his move is to just bring her to our date.

Can you at least let me finish ? He said frowning as well. Maybe I was being stubborn, but I don't know what he expected from me bringing her. I didn't answer inviting him to go on. I was sayin I brought Margo cause she got something to tell you.

And she couldn't come by herself on another moment than our date. I commented in an undertone, I really meant to be rude right now because of all the fuss she caused. He shook his head letting out a sigh and spoke again.

We should take it outside... he offered ignoring my comment. I didn't wait more and quickly stood up walking out of the restaurant and waiting for them to join me. He learns quickly, me and Margo in a restaurant can't work out for a talk, we already tried.

Can you let me do the talking Miles ? I heard Margo's voice as they passed the door. She at last decided to come in front of me and cleared her throat. Gwen I came here to apologise to you. She bluntly said as my eyes opened wide in surprise. She came for apology ? I didn't want to strike back just yet because it takes some courage to come and apologise to someone and I was also curious about what she had to say. I know I've went too far, and I was a terrible person when I... said something to you. She said and I understood she was referring to the moment she basically wished something happened to me when we were attacked at the arcade. I squeezed my lip at the memory but decided to let her talk. I hope you'll let me make up for that, she added, I'm sorry for insulting and hitting you too... I realised I was being jealous and possessive when at the end of the day, Miles didn't have any feelings for me. She said in a low tone letting me see how hurt she was by the situation, I still felt bad for her, I always had because I imagined myself in her shoes. By that time I had noticed Miles was long gone probably to let us have some privacy for this conversation.

I was hesitant on accepting these apologies though, but who was I to just refuse, it sounded sincere. Plus she had enough courage and common sense to come to me, which not everyone would've done. I still wanted to believe in the cool girl I've met at first.

I am sorry too for insulting you... I then admitted. Is it okay for you to... just be around him ? I asked, feelings didn't disappear so quickly and it would be self harm to just hang out with someone you have feelings for everyday knowing he is with someone else, at least in her place I couldn't...