I like him..

1 week had passed and I was still wondering what got into me, why did I bring up Margo into that conversation. I sighed laying in my bed. My relationship with Miles is so complicated... I feel comfortable with him, and not the way I was with Peter before. And even the way he behaves with me, I can see he isn't like this with his other friends, and Peter wasn't like this with me either. Is he trying to send me a message ? Because if it's what I think then I don't think I'm ready yet, and probably he isn't too. But I can't deny that I see him as more than a friend. We planned on going out tomorrow together for the second time as it was Saturday, then he offered me to go on a picnic he prepared with his friends and I gladly accepted. During the week, I sat with them every lunch time and they were amazing, I saved all their contacts and I'm glad that thanks to Miles I had new friends. Speaking of which, I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket.

Hey Gwen, do you have free time right now ?

It was from Margo.

It surprised me at first because we wouldn't really talk outside of their group chat. I don't know why, but I felt this little tension between us. Maybe it was the right occasion to break it ?

Yea totally why ?

Oh great😭 I need help picking food and drinks at the grocery for the picnic, the boys prepared nothin but the playlist

Lmao okay I'll meet you there?

See you

• • •

Hey Gwen I'm here ! I heard Margo's voice and turned my head to the sound then I saw her making big waving signs. I started a little run towards her and noticed she already had a trolley.

Wow you even took the trolley and all, you planned a big shopping I see. I said holding one side of it.

Yeah they the boys got a big appetite.. she chuckled. Don't worry for the money I'm paying with the boys' economy, we have a budget of 40$ I think that'd be enough for all. She stated and I nodded. We entered the store in silence and I was just wondering why she invited me. Maybe she was trying to get closer to me ? I mean we should be good friends after all. So how do you find the school so far ?

Definitely tiring. I scoffed. Some teachers are really nice though. I added.

Agreed, she nodded, I thought it was tiring at first too but you'll eventually get used to it quickly don't worry. She smiled at me and I smiled back. She's nice, I thought.

You all come from Brooklyn ? I asked curiously as I knew Miles was from here, but I didn't know about the others.

I come from Brooklyn, Ganke from Harlem, Pavitr and Gayatri both came from India 3 years ago and Hobie comes from Queens. She said picking Doritos in the shelf.

Who's Hobie ? Oh, and can you take the nacho cheese flavour please.

He's a senior we hanged out with last year, he's currently in England though I don't know if you'll get to meet him. She shrugged taking my Doritos. Pavitr introduced him to us, he's a cool guy.. actually I think you could get along with him pretty good. She stated and I chuckled.

Maybe.

—  You think we should take that ? She said pointing the Chupa Chups soda.

Mmm I don't know I've never tasted that, always thought they should've stick to lollipop. I shrugged.

Right, let's just take Ice Tea aka the best drink. She said with a smile.

The best drink actually is Fanta. I corrected her and she turned her face to mine.

Girl Fanta is great but it can never compare to Ice Tea.. it's THE drink, it's not to sweet, perfect temperature, it slides easily on the throat mmm. She said closing her eyes like she was savouring the juice and I chuckled.

We're not going to drink some tea, we need some sparkling.

You know what, let's take both you're not ready for this debate.

I am but to please you... let's stop here. I chuckled putting one bottle on the trolley.

What should we add ? We only have drinks and crisps.

It's not the season but watermelon would be great.

Best fruit.

This time I agree. I chuckled handshaking her. I didn't expect having a great chemistry with her, I'm glad she invited me today.

We took some more biscuits and candies to complete then went to the checkout to pay. We put the purchases in 2 different bags carrying one each. Once we got outside we started to talk of all and nothing.

Hey um, don't wanna sound nosy and all but... you went on a date with Miles ? She asked clearing her throat. I looked surprised at her then looked down at my feet. I didn't really know what to answer.

We went out together last week that's all... I said. She let out a breath and I swear I could see relief on her face.

I gotta tell something to you, I only told Gayatri before cause you know the boys they wouldn't keep this secret... she playfully rolled her eyes. It's great to have another girl, single like me to tell this so... I like Miles. She bluntly said and I felt my heart missing a beat. My eyes opened wide and I frowned as I looked at her feeling kinda... hurt. Like I've had a huge crush on him since we were kids but he's just so blind. She chuckled.

I had a hard time swallowing this information.

You knew Miles since childhood ?

Yea we live in the same neighbourhood, I helped his parent convince him to come to this school last year. Our parents are really close so outside school during holidays we spend a lot of time together. That's surely how I developed feelings for him. She had a shy smile and I still had trouble swallowing. I let out a fake chuckle and nodded.

Well good luck with that I guess ? I clumsily replied.

Really thank you Gwen. Let's hope he opens his eyes. She said and this time I didn't answer.

Thank you for 6K that's huge. 🫶🏽
Let me know your impressions and expectations, maybe I'll post a second chapter as a thank you?
Please comment and vote it motivates me🫶🏽