Text messages

You see that ? I bragged showing Margo the screen of my phone where we could see Gwen's contact was saved in. Yea me and her finally exchanged numbers, so now I can text her anytime. And I'm pretty proud of myself for that achievement to be honest. Now we good again, everything's going great. I turned off my phone and put my two arms crossed behind my head.

Miles you didn't just bring me to a restaurant to talk about another girl. She told me slowly shaking her head in disbelief. I removed my hands from behind my head and sat back straight.

What's wrong ?

I don't know, I mean we're here to work, plus it's rude. She stated crossing her arms. Would you like it if I kept talking about some dude all the time while I invited you somewhere ?

I wouldn't really mind in fact. I shrugged and kind of regretted it when she rolled her eyes.

You're so stupid.. she whispered.

I heard that ! I informed her in a fake offended tone.

Let's get to work. She simply answered and I lifted my eyebrow. Why is she so tense damn.

Chill we ain't even ordered yet !

I don't have money right now Miles. She sighed. She looked so done with me and it was funny but I didn't see why she was.

That's not a problem, I invited you so I am paying, order whatever you want. I smiled trying to reassure her. She looked at me for a second before lowering her eyes to the menu. We soon called the waiter and ordered.

—- So I guess we will finally be meeting Gwen, after hearing about her for more than a week. She said in a kinda sarcastic tone. Maybe invite her to our table at lunch

Yea I guess... I shrugged. Depends on what she's doing at these times. I replied and she nodded. We were sipping our drinks and a silence took place but was quickly cut.

You like her ? Margo asked me.

Um... yea kinda.. I admitted clearing my throat. I never really talked feelings with her so it was weird.

Surprisingly we didn't exchange much words during our time there but at least we had completely wrapped up our project and we were good for tomorrow. We got back to school and went into our dorms. When I entered Ganke was already sleeping so I put my pjs in the dark with minus noise to avoid waking him. I went to my bed and the second I turned on my phone I received a message notification. It was from Gwen.

Damn she sent the first message !

Hey u awake ?

Yup 🦧

What r u doing ?

I'm bored

Guessed I'd text u to see what u were up to

K let's talk then

Truth or dare ?

We can't really play that lol

Well truth or truth

It's more commonly called a conversation

Anyways

What's your current on repeat song ?

Definitely Mona Lisa by Dominic Fike

No way

You lyin

Why not? It's a good song

It's my current favorite song too😭

Wow😭 well I guess it's my turn now?

What's your favourite food?

I just luv my mom's pasteles

Oh what's that?

It's Puerto Rican, maybe someday I'll have you taste 🤙🏾

Oh so you're Puerto Rican?

Yup

My turn

Do you think one day I'll see you dancing or play drums ?

Well u already did see me play drums

I mean consensually

Maybe if I get to see u doing graffiti or drawing

That'd be an honour😌

So what's something u really like?

I don't really know

First thing coming to your minds ?

Ugh then sneakers, al kinda a sneaker head yk

but I only have two cool sneakers ngl

don't tell it to anyone it could ruin my reputation 😏

Oh we wouldn't want that ofc..

So personality-wise, you think you more like your mom or your dad?

I didn't really take after any of them I guess..

I never knew my mom in fact

And you ?

Same here

Well Miles it was a pleasure texting with you but we better go to sleep don't you think?

Yup totally, night Gwen

Good night Miles :)