Things could've end up differently..

Days had passed during which Miles and I just spent all day together, sometimes staying at my house or even just walking around with ice creams. October month had started and I was waiting for the Kingpin's group message about the money. After this, I'll finally be free for them, I can finally live my life. I know how to gather the one thousand left, even if it's risky. But sadly it wasn't the only problem I had to deal with right now as I had been avoiding Margo all week. The problem is, there's only 3 days left before we go back to school, and I don't think Miles want to be undercover about our relationship any longer.

The sound of the doorbell interrupted my thought and I stood up to go open knowing it would be my dad.

Hey dad. I smiled greeting him.

Hey sweetheart, how was your day ?

Oh nothing unusual, and you ?

We finally found the missing person. He said with a proud smile and he seemed relieved.

That's great you're amazing dad. I complimented him, he was so devoted at being a police officer he always made the right decisions and that made me proud.

Oh, thank you but I didn't do the most, we owe the rescue to the detectives. He admitted before speaking in a more serious tone. The victim got involved with Kingpin's small group, a matter of money once again so they had no better idea than to kidnap this person. He sighed and I gulped freezing. They captured someone who was in the same situation as me ? I let out a heavy breath trying to calm myself so dad wouldn't notice, but it was so frustrating knowing he was the head of NYPD, I always wanted to tell him everything, but they threatened his life. Are you okay butterfly ?

Um yea, it's just... that's crazy...

Don't worry I'll find them soon enough and put them behind bars. They won't ever come near you. He smiled trying to reassure him... oh if only you knew...

Hey dad, I have something to ask... I spoke thinking about my second issue.

What is it ?

It's for a friend actually...

Oh man I was waiting for this day for so long.. he chuckled. The unmissable « it's for a friend » situation ! He said as I rolled my eyes.

It's really for a friend. I lied.

Well what do you friend needs from your old man ? He joked. I didn't really know why I'd talk to him about such things but I guess I needed an impartial or outside opinion on the situation.

Okay so basically my friend had a crush on one guy she met this year, but she didn't really realised it, they spent a lot of time together and he introduced her to his friends.. I was there of course. I clarified. Anyways so she became good friends with all of them and one girl from the group which was the guy's childhood friend, told my friend she loved him and wanted all her chances with him. And that made my friend realise she had feelings for that guy too, so they continued hanging out and eventually started dating. Without the other girl knowing anything about it. So my friend is feeling kind of guilty and don't know what to do since the other girl offered they have a discussion. She's been avoiding her forever but school restart soon and they'll definitely see each other at the cafeteria. I confessed everything and dad looked pretty surprised.

That's a heavy situation... but I think... your friend should talk with that girl, tell her everything before it gets worse. She may probably lose her friend... He nodded. I wish her the best. He thumbed up with his two hands. I'm going to sleep, good luck butterfly.. he kissed my forehead and started walking to his room as I sighed. Things aren't easy at all... I'm not ready but I have no choice... I took out my phone and decided to text her.