Dinner

Do I look good or is it too much mami ? I asked tightening my tie as I looked in the mirror to check myself.

A suit maybe is extravagant for a dinner at home... she reluctantly answered standing behind me. But you always look good my son don't ever doubt that. She stated while checking my outfit in the mirror.

You right I gotta find something else.

I exhaled removing the tie I've took 20 long minutes to put on while going back to my room. Today I'm supposed to have a dinner with Gwen and her father at their house, she told me he wanted to meet 'the guy who stole his butterfly's heart' and I won't lie it scared me at first but she met my parents so I gotta at least do that. It's already 7 now and I've been changing into 4 different outfits since 5pm because I want to leave a good impression of me so he won't worry about who his daughter is dating, but I can't find the perfect outfit for this occasion. I really needed some advice right now but uncle Aaron has been out of town for a little while —by the way he apologised for stepping in the arguments last time and I couldn't be mad at my mentor for too long, who's gon teach me rizz if we not good ? So aside from the rizz lord Hobie told me he had a show, Ganke manages to be worst in appealing than me, Gayatri and Pavitr are too busy being lovey dovey while hiding from her father and Margo... I didn't want to call her for that just yet.

Miles mijo que pasa ? You've been changing for at least two hours ! Mom said following me to my room as I sighed looking at the tie that was now in my hands.

I don't know what to wear, what if her father don't like me ? I explained worried as she just chuckled.

No te preocupes por eso papi, he will love you. She said with her motherly smile that gave me confidence every time. You are my perfect little man no one can dislike you ! She pinched my cheek.

Really ?

Of course ! She was clumsy but I liked your girlfriend and above all, I could feel your genuine love and I wouldn't break that for the world. She reassuringly said as I smiled. She right. Now you're gonna stand up and dress like you would usually do no matter how fancy their place may be, you mijo belong wherever you want to be. She added.

Thank you mom. I thanked as she simply nodded. Well I gotta dress up so-

Oh, perdóneme I'm going out right now. She giggled. Well I have a night shift and your father won't be home until 10 so don't forget to close the door and don't come back too late ! She sent me a flying kiss before closing the door. But no sweatpants ! I know I said dress as you like but this is a stretch ! She added in a faint voice as I laughed.

Bye mom... I whispered once she was out.

• • •

Holding a bouquet of flowers for Gwen and a bottle of whiskey for her dad I was currently standing before their front door. I took a deep breath in and out reviewing all my life choices before I finally decided to ring the bell. I was standing there waiting more stressed than ever to meet her father. In fact I did unofficially meet him that day at the arcade but did we even exchange one word ? To be honest at this moment I was in a daze after that hard punch, I need to hit the gym cause that big guy kinda humiliated me right in front of my girlfriend.

I'm going to open the door dad ! I heard Gwen's voice screaming from the inside which made me chuckle to how overwhelmed she sounded. But hearing her voice kind of made me relax, basically melting half my stress. The door soon opened before me and I smiled seeing her. Hey Miles. She said in her soothing voice returning the smile as she was leaning on the door.

Hey, I took this for you. I informed handing her the bouquets, she let out a faint gasp and took the flowers as I cleared my throat. Um they're orchids. I explained. They mean beauty, love and appreciation.

Oh Miles they're so beautiful thank you... she said biting her lip which make me gulped as I stared at it. You're the best. She added taking them from my hand.

You look beautiful by the way. I bluntly told her seeing she put on a white short sleeved dressed that suited her perfectly. Her hair were tied up too, I've never seen her wearing a dress before and I didn't know I needed it until today.

So do you. She answered observing my outfit. I had finally opted for a white shirt with a khaki cargo pants and my white Air Force. So basic, but very much me. But aren't you going to catch a cold though, who just walk in a short in mid November... she said confused.

I never get sick. I smirked reassuring her.

Okay... then let's go inside dinner's ready.

Wait ! I gasped before she could step aside.

What ? She asked almost worried.

Can I get a kiss ? I said and after a second of silence she laughed.

You're so clingy. She smiled but nonetheless tip toed to peck my lips.

Just a peck ?

Dad is waiting inside so unless you want him to caught us in a kiss we should consider actually going in. She said pointing behind her and gulping I immediately nodded. She giggled stepping aside allowing me to go inside.

When I walked in I was positively amazed by their decoration, it was truly beautiful, and much more blue and pink than I imagined. Gwen closed the door and started leading the way for me as I looked around noticing baby pictures of her, pictures of other people I don't know and some of who I guessed was her dad since he was wearing the officer suit. I laughed when seeing his graduation to Captain's picture and in the background in small pixels you could notice my dad sulking. I took my phone out to take a quick picture. I then saw Gwen carefully putting the flowers in a vase before we finally seemed to arrive to the dining room and a tall man stood there holding two plates, he smiled when noticing us.

You must be Miles, good evening, I'm Gwen's father, George Stacy.

How y'all expecting the dinner to go?😂
Please vote and comment!!🫶🏽
See you tomorrow to find out😭👋🏽