Not sick

I tried to mess with life, it hit me back hard. Like real hard, Nokia 3310 hard. I survived COVID, I never got acne, basically I wasn't the sick kid in elementary school and all but today it all changed. I actually caught cold. I could actually write a R&B song about how sad and betrayed by my own body I feel right now.

Oh mijo... you have a fever of 104.7 degrees (40C).. mom said in a sad tone as she took the thermometer off my mouth. Are you feeling good my little boy ?

Of course I am Mami, it's nothing! I'll be alright by tomorrow. I confidently said in a weak voice before sneezing three times in a row, oh I feel so not good. You can go to work. I added not too convincing.

I can't go take care of other patients when my son is sick in my own house. She said furrowing her eyebrows as she handed me a water cup with some pills. Dios mío Miles you even have some... what is this, is that chickenpox ? She gasped staring at my neck. But you already had it... realising what she was talking about I jolted immediately pulling my blanket up to my chin hiding everything that was lower as my heart started beating fast.

Oh that ? That's nothing I just burned myself while straightening my hair ! I awkwardly chuckled in panick but cleared my throat as soon as I saw her confused face. I mean, Gwen's hair, no in fact it's just a mosquito bite you know. I shrugged. The mosquito was big.. and really ugly and terrifying but don't worry I was a man I protected Gwen. From... a mosquito. I cleared my throat as she gave me a suspicious look, because damn I just gave a whole speech even I didn't believe in, but much to my relief seemed to brush it off.

Bueno... take this, it's OTC. She said as I somehow managed to move my hand to take it. I swallowed the whole pulling a face.

Mom why's that water so hot... you took it from the tap ? I asked suspicious.

We don't care about this, she shrugged it off, you have to eat now, what do you want to eat mijo ? She asked putting a hand on my cheek. She was sooo caring the rare time I got sick. Even too caring.

You shouldn't touch me mom I'm gonna infect you... I warned her as she faintly smiled shaking her head. But if you insist... I'd appreciate a fried chicken with Mac and Cheese from Mac Shack. I said clearing my throat as she chuckled.

I'm gonna get you this, don't move mijo I'll be back soon. She smiled pecking my forehead before leaving the room. I felt so... baby right now, laying in my bed while she was taking care of me.

I let out a sigh as she closed the door, I was already bored by the day, it started so bad already with this friggin fever. But just thinking of yesterday events after Gwen's dad left... it boost up my mood. I started to smile rethinking of how we started making out in her bed and I could feel my heart beating faster just recalling it. We made a new big step in our relationship yesterday and that made me feel so relieved for some reasons. Not gon lie I got a little scared when Mr. Down There wanted to show up cause it just seemed to soon but I think I still handled it kinda well. How far could we have gone though. Interrupt my thought, the sound of my ringing phone made me turn my head as I grabbed it to see Gwen was calling.

Hey Miles. I heard her soothing voice making me automatically smile.

Yo Gwen, I started unwillingly coughing as I tried to hide it clearing my throat. What's up ? I asked trying to sound normal.

Are you alright ? She asked in a worried tone. The last thing I want is her worrying about me, after all it's not a big deal.

Totally fine, just in the kitchen burning some eggs, why ? I asked trying to keep it together, I feel so hot but taking off my blanket I now feel cold.