𝟑𝟑~𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐞, 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮?

CHAPTER 34
[real life]

"I still cant fucking believe you got a hermit crab" Chris rolls his eyes as he walks through the front door. "Well i did so believe it bitch" Cassie laughs, peaking through the holes of the cage and watching Sherman walk around.

"Wheres Matt" Nick questions, peering around the area without sight of the boy. "Fuck knows" Valerie scowls, already hating the sound of his name. Nick shrugs and heads upstairs in search of his brother.

When he opens Matts bedroom door, he shuts it almost immediately after seeing him and Alexia eating eachothers faces off on his bed.

Nick makes a disgusted face and trots back downstairs in hope of erasing the picture from his head. "Hey so i think im gonna move back home, for real this time, i just don't think its good for me and Matt to be around eachother so often" Cassie sighs after pushing herself up on the kitchen counter.

"Are you sure? cuz you know my moms happy to let you stay here as long as you want" Nick ponders. Cassie nods back at him with a comforting smile, although she was utterly lying as she was not sure at all.

"Yeah, so im gonna pack my stuff and ill leave later" She states solemnly, gripping the edges of the counter so hard her hands were cramping, to refrain herself from changing her mind.

Cassie heads to her room, leaving her friends in the kitchen, to pack her shit and leave. By the hour, her bedroom is wiped and shes at the front door. The group act as if she was moving to Australia with their hugs and goodbyes.

"Guys im a block away, i'll see you tomorrow" She laughs slightly. The girl exits the house, her place of comfort, the place her heart truly wanted to be, and reluctantly walked her way to the place her heart was torn and shredded into pieces.

She had texted her brother in advance to let him know she was on her way over and he had told her that her mother was home, great.

As she opens the door, her eyes meet the woman who had once been something to her.
Cassie attempts to quietly ignore her, but the creek of her step makes her mother turn.

Theres silence for a moment, as if something unsaid was brewing in the air. "I didn't think you would have the balls to come back" Her mother raises her eyebrows as she stalks slowly towards Cassie.

Cassie reminds herself to not succumb to her intimidation method, so she doesn't even flinch as the woman becomes almost nose to nose with her. The girl takes a deep breath and steadies her voice before talking. "Well im not gonna stay out of my own house forever" She replies as nonchalantly as possible.

Her mother lets out a quick "hm" before rolling her eyes and walking away. Cassie releases a sigh of relief and heads up to her room to unpack. She stops in her tracks when she finds her brother sitting on her bed, a strange look on his face.

"Hey im back, whats up" Cassie questions, hesitantly taking a seat next to Charlie. He finally acknowledges her with a tight lipped smile, then returns to look back down at his palms. She could tell something was the matter with him by the furrow in his brows and the look in his eyes.

"Charlie, what happened?" The girl asks, beginning to grow worried herself. Charlie runs his hand across his forehead and sighs. "Dad reached out to me this morning, he wants to see us" He blurts out. Cassie's face drops and her body freezes.

The girl turns to face her brother, "What? how did he even get your number? how do you know its actually him?" Cassie is flooded with questions, but there was only one she truly wanted the answer to. Why did he want to see them if he had left in the first place?

"He said hes been trying to track us down for a while, apparently mom blocked him out of our lives from the beginning, Charlie says, picking at his fingernails.

"Well what did you tell him?" Cassie ponders. "I said i'd speak to you first, you can do whatever you want, its your decision, but i dont wanna see him" he scoffs.

"Why not, its not like we have much here anyways, nothing to loose, right?" She places her hand on her brothers shoulder.

"Why are you suddenly defending him? weren't you the one who said you never cared in the first place. Cass that man left us with nothing but an alcoholic mother, how could you wanna see him." Charlie shakes her hand away and stands up in frustration.

"because i have questions, and if i dont see him i might never get those answers, i don't expect you to be ok with it, but i do want to see him, please call him back" Cassie says sternly.

Charlie huffs, reluctantly pulls out his phone and starts dialling the number. Cassie's heart rate picks up and her hands start to shake with each ring. "Hello?" The girl hears through the other line of the call. Charlie passes the phone to her and she barley manages to grip it. Cassie gulps and opens her mouth to find her words. "Hi."

"Cassie, that you?" a thick southern accent fills the room. She nods but forgets her father cannot see her. "yeah" she replies. The call is silent for a moment, both thinking of what to say next. "Um so, Cassie, do ya think i could see you some time soon, i know you probably have alot of questions for me and well, i was hoping that you'd maybe let me get to know you? would that be ok?" Her father startes.

Cassie blinks back her tears and breathes slowly, attempting to compose herself. "Yeah, yeah i'd like that," she manages to string out. "thank you, would next thursday be alright for you? i can fly in from texas on wednesday" The man states.

"Um i kinda have school, would saturday be ok?" the girl chokes. "yeah thats fine, so i guess i'll see you then." he sighs. Cassie sniffs before quickly saying bye and ending the call. She then falls into a sob in her brothers arms.

hey💟
im gonna start updating once a day since i usually write at night
mels<3