𝟐𝟒~𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟒
[real life]

BANG, Matt slams his bedroom door behind himself as soon as they get back home. "The fucks up with him" Nick huffs, Cassie shrugs and walks with him to the couch, putting on the tv.

"SPONGEBOB" Chris squeals giddily, taking a seat next to Nick. Cassie didn't focus on the show, she focused on Matt. As much as she tried to push the boy out of her mind, she found herself storming up the stairs and banging aggressively on his door.

The girl becomes impatient when it doesn't open after 30 seconds, so she knocks again, no answer. She knocks again, and again, and again, again, again, again. no answer. Cassie was growing worried. She knocked one last time, "Matt open the fucking door" she whisper-yells.

When she finally gives up and turns to go back downstairs, the girl hears a creak of the door behind her. Taking it as an invite, she stalks into the room to find Matt sitting on his bed, looking down at his hands.

"what the fuck is up with you" Cassie scoffs, he doesn't look up. "Matt" she says through gritted teeth. His sad eyes meet hers, he sighs.

"sometimes i wish i never met you, so i wouldn't know the feeling of knowing you but not being able to have you" the boy almost whispers.

Cassie stares back at him, unable to speak. He shakes his head, looking back at his hands.

The pair sit in silence for the next 6 minutes. Complete and utter silence, only being filled by the sound of their heavy breath. "Matt you knew my intentions, from the start" Cassie says, breaking the soundless air. The boy doesn't respond.

"Matt you fucking knew, don't expect this to change, you knew it would be hard, i gave you plenty of opportunity to back out, but you didn't take it and-"

"your right, i didn't take it, because I'll take whatever i can fucking get with you. I thought i could handle this but i can't stand the thought that you can't admit that you love me because of something that happened when we were 9. Do you know how fucking ridiculous that sounds? 5th grade, Cassie, 9 years ago, i didn't know my hand from my foot back then but you still resent me for it." Matt interrupts her.

Cassie bites the inside of her cheek, shaking her head. "Thats the thing Matt, i don't love you, stop trying to convince yourself that i do, because at the end of the day your only hurting yourself." She says sternly.

It feels as if Matt heart had been crushed right there in front of his eyes, by this girl, this girl he's loved since they were kids. This kind, witty, beautiful girl. He looks up at the ceiling, taking a deep breath.

"Its weird that i used to mean everything to you" Matt blurts out, "its like that part of you died, how can i mean nothing when i was everything at one point?" the boy continues. Cassie shakes her head.

"you did used to mean everything to me, thats why it hurt so bad, thats why i will always hate you, because someone who once was my everything shouldn't of made me feel so alone." She says, her voice starting to break.

"Theres a thin line between love and hate Cass, and what your feeling sure as hell isn't hate" Matt states.

she stares back at him.

"Cass i'm sorry, i'm so fucking sorry, i had no idea how i made you feel, but don't punish yourself for it, stop denying yourself happiness." He adds, moving towards her and placing his hand on her cheek, forcing her to look at him

She shakes her head and backs away from the boy "Matt just stop, i don't love you, i don't even plan on loving you."

Matt bites he lip and crosses his arms. "I can feel this coming to an end and i dont even know where it began" he sighs. The girl looks down at her feet. "im gonna go" she says without looking up. Cassie walks out of his bedroom and shuts the door before he can interfere.

She heads straight outside, gulping back tears. Cassie takes a long deep breath, bringing her hands to the back of her head and closing her eyes. This was a mistake, you've ruined everything, she thought to herself.

Loving someone should not feel like a mistake. It's crazy how one persons presence can have such an impact on someones entire life. She had spent half her life hating ,Matt, but she kept repeating his words in her head.

Theres a thin line between love and hate Cass, and what your feeling sure as hell isn't hate

Maybe she had crossed that line.

HEY💟

that was kinda crazy
apologies!
sorry this was kinda short
love you all so unbelievably much

mels<3