𝟔~ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭

CHAPTER 6
[real life, iMessage]

Matt and Cassie hadn't discussed what had happened, and the rest of the group never brought it up. She preferred it that way. The two of them went back to their usual bickering, they went back to hating each other.

Miles had texted her a few times apologising since that day, but she ignored them. She really couldn't understand how she had ever liked him. Matt was right, he was a dick, but she would never admit that.

She's staying at her own house for the first time all week, Cassie didn't like being there. She did feel bad leaving Charlie with her mom, but he always insisted on her staying somewhere else when her mother was in a bad mood, which lately had become all the time.

Her father had left before she was born, she had no intention of looking for him, since he obviously wanted nothing to do with her or Charlie, she didn't think there was a point. Since then, her mother has had 6 husbands and countless boyfriends. Not one of them did either her or her brother like.

Her mom was also an alcoholic, yet it had worsened over recent years, since her last divorce, which is why she stayed at the triplets so often. They knew her situation, yet they never made her talk about it, never questioned it, that's what she liked about them.

She liked how Matt would still tease her when she would show up In the middle of the night on their doorstep, and how Chris would still hog the TV. They know she never liked being vulnerable in front of others, so they never treated her differently.

Cassie walked downstairs to find her mother passed out drunk next to the front door. She wasn't surprised.

"Hey Charlie" she shouted to her brother. "Yeah Cass?" He replies, "come help me for a sec" the girl tells him. She hears footsteps coming down the stairs and then stop behind her. Charlie sighs deeply at the sight of his mother, then picks her up and walks her to the coach, just to drop her on it.

She watches her brother do this, and immediately feels a rush of guilt knowing he has to deal with this regularly while she's out with her friends. "No Zach... don't go" she hears her mom mumble. Zach was the name of her last boyfriend. "Shhh mom go to sleep" Charlie whispers.

Matt wondered why Cassie hadn't asked what he had said to Miles, but then again he was grateful that she hadn't. He found himself worrying about the girl, since she was staying at her own house tonight.

IMessage💬
cass😑

Me
ur staying at urs tonight?

cass😑
yeah, figured I needed to go home
at some point

Me
ok, text us if u need

cass😑
I'll be fine matthew🙄

Me
die butch

cass😑
what's a butch🤨🤨????

Me
fuck you omg.