𝟏𝟑~ 𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐲

CHAPTER 13
[real life, iMessage]

The rest of the day was a blur for Cassie.

In homeroom, Matt sat behind her, she could feel his eyes burning the back of her head the whole hour. She tried to focus but simply couldn't.

The fact that he had made her not able to concentrate, made her hate him even more.
I fucking hate that kid, she thought to herself.

When school ended, the three of them walked from homeroom to Nicks locker, as that's where they were all meeting.

The rest of the group was already waiting for them when they arrived. "Okay let's go" Matt says, as they all walk outside to his car.

Cassie doesn't sit in the passenger seat this time, she sits in the back next to Stella. She doesn't argue over the aux, she lets Matt pick. The girl is silent the whole ride.

It's funny how something so little can affect her so massively. Matt pulls up at Stella's house first. "Promise to text me later, ok?" She whispers to Cassie, the girl nods.

After they drop off Valerie, they go back to the triplets house, she'd been staying there for 4 days now, she hadn't text or called her mom since that night, but her mother hadn't tried to contact her either.

Cassie walked straight upstairs to her room without another word.

IMessage 💬
baes<3

Me
hey

Stella💟
hey Cass

Val💟
heyyyy

Me
sorry about today

Val💟
It's fine, what happened

Me
it's gonna sound so stupid and you guys are gonna
go crazy
Me
me and Matt we're texting in class, and he sent like
a really flirty text

Stella💟
WHAT

Val💟
OH?

Me
idk it just made me feel weird and I got
all like flustered and I'm pretty sure he noticed,
and I kinda haven't been able to focus all fucking day
because of it

Val💟
OMFG ITS HAPPENING

Stella💟
Val ily but shut up
Stella💟
have you talked to him about it

Me
no. And don't even try it cuz I'm not gonna
Me
you guys can't tell anyone this shit btw

Val💟
we won't
seen

Cassie left out a part, she hadn't thought about why Matt had suddenly started hating her in over 6 years. When Stella brought it up it led her to start questioning it again. She remembered how shit he had made her feel, putting what she was currently feeling in perspective, she remembered how much she hated him.

Matt watches as Cassie ran up the stairs as soon as she got in and sighed. The boy didn't understand what he had done to make her so upset. Weirdly, he didn't like the fact that he was most likely the reason she was upset.

"You seriously not gonna talk to her?" Chris asks him, as he walks into the living room, where the boy was sat. "No?" he replies, scrunching his nose, as if he was disgusted by the very thought of it.

"Fine, I will" Chris says, getting up and walking to the girls room. He knocks on the bedroom door before he enters.

"Hey" he smiles, she's sitting on her bed, biting her nails. She gives him a tight lipped smile in return. "Uh are you ok?" Chris asks, going to sit at the foot of her bed, "yeah" she sighs.

"Cass I've know you since you were 6, your lying" Chris huffs, the girl rolls her eyes.
She pauses for a moment before she speaks, "Do you know why Matt first started hating me?" She looks up at him.

Chris's brows furrow, not expecting that question, "yeah" he finally sighs. She nods at him, Cassie doesn't push for an explanation, she knows he'd never tell his brothers secrets.

"Why don't you talk to him about it" Chris asks. "Because I shouldn't care, and I also don't know if I wanna know." The girl says. "Who says you shouldn't care" Chris asks.

"Me. I say. I hate Matt as much as he hates me so why would I care what made him suddenly change." She scoffs, Cassie wasn't sure why she had such an aggressive tone towards Chris, she didn't intend to.

The boy nods, recognising she's in a space where she wants to be left alone, and exits her room.

As soon as she hears the door shut, Cassie turns on the TV and puts on the kissing booth 2 and sits silently, forgetting about everything.

Chris walked back downstairs to the living room, this time, Nick also being there.
"you read my fucking texts" Matt scowls at his brother.

"Ok well I-" Nick starts to defend himself, "Wait you read his texts?" Chris says, needing more information. "Well kinda yeah, I wanted to send myself a picture that Matt took of me and Val and when I went onto IMessage to send it to myself, I saw the last person he texted was Cassie" Nick grins a little as he says the girls name.

Chris's eyes widen, "what did they say" he asks. Matt clenches his jaw. "Well at first it was just boring shit BUT THEN.." Nick starts, then snatches Matts phone off of him to show Chris.

Matt attempts to get his phone back but fails, Chris's jaw drops. "YOU FLIRTED WITH HER?" he whisper yells, Nick begins nodding enthusiastically. Matt burys his face in his hands.

"I didn't fucking flirt with her, why the fuck would I flirt with someone I hate" Matt scoffs. "Please, you were totally flirting with the enemy" Nick adds, way to giddily for Matts liking.

"your delusional" Matt rolls his eyes and attempts to get up but his brothers push him back down, obviously not done talking. "your so full of shit, you keep saying never gonna happen, never, never,never, but look at you now bitch" Chris teases.

"oh my god nothing even happened, that wasn't flirting" Matt huffs, growing more and more agitated by his brothers accusations.

the boys are silent for a second. "Fine, if you say so bud." Chris sighs, giving up.

hey hey heyyyy💟
angst is building wooo
they're so in denial it's crazy

love you all
mels<3