Chapter Forty-Five

Start from the beginning

I expected this I knew it was coming but it doesn't stop me from taking a deep inhale of air as I prepare myself to come face to face with him again.

Jason notices and smiles widely at me. "Now now don't you go panicking it won't be good for your baby will it" he says reaching up to stroke my hair and I want nothing more than to plunge this knife into him but I decide he will get what's coming to him one day. Today just isn't that day.

"you are such a naive little thing aren't you" he says like he's tricked me into this. Like he's won.

Jason steps out of the car and comes round to my side opening my door for me. He grips my elbow and leads me out and towards the porch where Antonio is waiting. I don't resist or recoil at the sight of him I just go along without a word.

"You came back to me" Antonio says with a proud smile on his face as we make our way up to the steps.

Jason hands me off with a nod like I'm just some kind of object and says "I expect you to hold up you're end of the deal Antonio" and I can only wonder what deal that is. What he gets from this.

Antonio nods and takes my arm pulling me into him.

"We'll have to deal with your little issue before we go home" he says stroking my face and as much as I want to jerk away from him I don't I stay exactly where I am staring at a spot of dirt on the floor.

I can hear Jason retreat and the car door open and close before it tares away down the dirt drive.

But the only thing I can think about is Antonio's words. Deal with my issue. Because that's what this is to everyone else. An issue.

"but first I expect those little boyfriends of yours will try to come after you won't they" he then says  and I still choose to stay quiet keeping my eyes locked onto the same piece of dirt on the floor. He's right they'll know I'm here, and they'll come for me I know they will. But I don't plan on waiting for them.

Im taken up to the room I was kept in last time I was here and I have to push down the fear that's threatening to take over as every memory of what happened her flashes back. Theres still marks on the floor from the blood of the guy that Freddie shot but I can't let my eyes stay fixated on it for too long. As soon as the door locks behind me i move as quickly as I can and I take the pocket knife out and hide it under the pillow.

As expected within minutes Antonio comes into the room closing and locking the door behind him.

He tilts his head to one side and starts to remove his top "Take your clothes off" he says as he discards it across the room.

I try my hardest not to hesitate. Taking deep breaths to calm myself I start taking off my clothes until I'm stood there naked.

His eyes practically bulge as they rake over my body and I have to swallow down the bile I can feel coming up.

"Get on the bed" he orders and I do as he says.

I lay there on the bed staring up at the ceiling as I listen to the sound of him unbuckling his belt. Listening to the sound of his remaining clothes drop to the floor and his footsteps moving towards me until the bed dips next to me. That's when I close my eyes.

I can't look at him the feel of the warmth of his body next to me is enough if I look at him I'll break and I know I can't do that right now.

Stay strong Alissandra, keep it together.

"Do you think of me every time you look at these?" He asks as he licks across my chest.

Then he climbs on top of me pushing my legs apart. I slide my hand enter the pillow and I wrap my fingers around the handle of the blade so tight it hurts and as he rests himself between my legs so he line himself up.

Only then do I open my eyes to look directly at him. I won't let him do this to me, I won't let him do it to anyone ever again. I take a deep breath and bring it out plunging it into the side of his neck.

There's a flash of shock on his face as he realises what I've just done, but there's also betrayal. He feels I've betrayed him.

He rears back and clambers onto the floor with a thud. I sit there on the bed watching him as he gasps for air clutching the side of his throat the knife still protruding out like it's a piece of him.

I climb down onto the floor next him and learn over him so I can look directly in his eyes "I wonder if this is how Petra felt when you shoved the pen into her throat" I say and I watch the colour start to drain from his face.

He goes to speak but I hush him by placing my finger over his lips "don't speak you don't have long left and I want to watch the last breaths slip out of you so I can go to sleep tonight knowing that you will never hurt anyone ever again"

There's gun shots and shouting coming from downstairs and Antonio's eyes widen at the sound "you were right, they did come for me" I say with a smile and I rip the knife from his throat allowing the blood to come gushing out.

"Do you feel weak and vulnerable? Because that's how I felt. That's how I felt everyday after you tore me to pieces. That's how I've felt my whole life" I say as I shake my head "but I guess I'm not as weak anymore am I Antonio" and that's the truth of it. I don't feel weak anymore. I feel stronger than I've ever felt before. I did this I finally fought back and got rid of the monster that's haunting every part of my life.

"Go to hell" I sneer and I finally sit back against the bed to watch as his life slips away and the moment I hear his last staggered breath leave him I feel free. It's like that last breath was the key to my freedom and I finally have it.

I don't know how long I sit there with his lifeless eyes staring back at me, the sounds from around the house die down and the bedroom door flys open. But I don't react to it, I don't react to the figure coming towards me. Talking to me and asking me questions I just sit there with my eyes locked on his.

"He's dead. I killed him" are the only words I say.