I turn my head to observe Onii-Chan's battle. He do the same with me. I saw Sabito's mask getting cut in half. It drops, but still hangs because of the string. A smile starts to form on his face.

Just like what I had experienced earlier

Just like what I had experienced earlier. Onii-Chan have managed to cut the boulder in half.

I look around the area, trying to spot the two people. But no matter how hard I tried, I can't seem to see them. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion and turn to look at my brother.

"I had no intention in sending you both to the final selection..." someone said. I turn my head to see it's Urokodaki-San. He turn his head from the boulders to face us. "I don't want to see children die anymore. I was sure you both wouldn't be able to slice these boulders, but... well done, my boy and girl..." he said, placing his hands on our heads.

"Tanjiro... Y/N... you're both are remarkable kids..." he said. I close my eyes as tears starts to stream down my cheeks. From my peripheral view, I can see Onii-Chan also shed some tears. Urokodaki-San pulls us both into a hug.

Time-skip

Onii-Chan and I stare in awe as Urokodaki-San prepared a lot of food. "What's the occasion, Urokodaki-San?" Onii-Chan asked. I turn my head away from the food to look at the white haired man.

"Are we having some guests over?" I asked. He just shake his head. He scoops up some food and pours it inside the bowls. He offers it to me, making me smile. I reach out to take it from him. "Thank you, Urokodaki-San..." I said. He did the same with Onii-Chan. The two of us starts to eat in silence.

"So, Y/N... have you finished with whatever projects you are making?" He asked. I smile softly and nod my head. I stand up to grab the item that I've completed. It took quite a while, but it's finally done.

I sit back down next to Onii-Chan and outstretch my hand. "Here you go, Urokodaki-San..." I said. He gently takes it from to take a look.

"What exactly is this?" He asked, turning his head to my direction

"What exactly is this?" He asked, turning his head to my direction. I smile softly at the sound of confusion in his voice.

"It's UV flash bomb..." I said. I turn my head to look at Onii-Chan to see him looking at me in confusion. I just smile at him. "UV light is what you found in sunlight, Onii-Chan... I found some information on the books I used to read, and figured out how to make similar compounds using the minerals I used from your supplies, Urokodaki-San. This flash bomb also known as black lights" I said. Urokodaki-San hands it back to me. I gently take it from him. I lift it slowly and gesture towards the string.

"Basically, all I need to do is pull this string right here, which acts as a trigger. Once pulled, it will activate the light to turn on, and you should have an artificial sunlight. If it actually works on demons... let's just say, we'd safe a lot of energy. I haven't tested it yet, so I'm not sure how long the light would last and whether it would actually work" I said.

Urokodaki-San hums at what I said. He nods his head. "You're very smart indeed... let's all hope it would work on the demons, Y/N..." he said. I smile softly and nod my head. I turn to look at the device in my hand. Let's hope it works.

*to be continued*