Prologue

3rd P.O.V

2 pairs of legs are running across the snowy ground. They breathe heavily, but pushed themselves to keep going. As the two of them are desperate. They're trying to save their sister, who's been injured pretty badly.

'How did this ended up this way?' Is what on their minds. Tears streams down the h/c haired girl as she force herself to keep going. 'Why did Nee-San have to ended up this way? Who would be so cruel to do such thing to our family. Mom, Takeo, Hanako, Shigeru, Rokuta... what did they do wrong??' Y/N thought.

One Day Ago

Y/N P.O.V

Onii-Chan and I are currently preparing ourselves. I will be going with him to the town to sell some charcoals. I turn my head when I hear our mother calls out to us.

"Tanjiro... Y/N... both of your faces are covered in soot. Come over here..." she said. I walk towards her as she kneels down in front of us. She starts to wipe my cheeks with a towel. She do the same with Onii-Chan.

I turn my head to see our younger siblings wanting to come along. But Mom didn't allow them to come. "But why did Y/N-Nee-San get to come along? Why can't I go too??" Hanako whined. I smile softly at her and crouch down, trying my best not to spill the charcoal.

"I'm sorry, Hanako... but it's best if you stay home. It's cold outside" I said. She pouted as she stares at me with tears in her eyes. I let out a sigh and gently pat her head. "I promise to read 2 bedtime stories when I get back... alright?" I said.

"Really??" She said, excitedly. I smile softly and nod my head. She cheers happily, throwing her arms around my neck. "And for you, Shigeru... we'll bring a lot of good souvenirs, alright?" I said. His eyes lit up at what I said, making me giggle softly.

"Takeo, can you chop up some woods?" Tanjiro asked him. He starts to sulk because he was hoping he can chop some woods with Onii-Chan. In respond, Onii-Chan start ruffling his hair which makes him flustered. Everyone lets out a laugh as he pouts.

I turn my head and see my twin sister walking towards us with a sleeping Rokuta on her back. I smile and walk up to her. She smiles at me and ruffles my hair. Even though she's only older for a few minutes, she acted like she's a lot older than me.

"I've just put him to sleep, or he's going to make a fuss about you leaving. Ever since dad passed away, he's been so attached to you, Onii-Chan" she said, while staring at Takeo. I smile sadly at the thought of our father. Tanjiro walks over to us. He lift his hand and gently caress our youngest brother's head.

"Come, Y/N... it'll be best if we get going now" he said. I smile at him and nod my head in agreement. I give my twin sister a quick hug and a kiss on Rokuta's head. I wave at them and follow after Onii-Chan as we start to descend down the mountain.

Our family may be poor. Even so, we're happy because we have each other. We've been selling charcoals for generations now and we plan on doing that for as long as our bodies allows us to.

***

We walk into the village. I greet everyone we see. I hear a crash and turn my head to see a man running out of the house. "Tanjiro! Y/N! Perfect timing!!" He said as he rushes towards us. "I've been accused of breaking this. Please, smell it..." he said, lifting his hands to Onii-Chan.

Onii-Chan leans down and take a sniff. "I smell cat..." he said. Onii-Chan have always had been gifted with a keen sense of smell. He even can smell emotions from anyone. No one can lie to him about their feelings.

"Oh... it's a cat..." the woman said, while the man turn to her and complains about having told her that it wasn't his fault. I just let out a nervous chuckle. Everyone starts to come out of their houses to buy our charcoals. I'm happy with how fast our charcoals are selling.

Time-skip

Onii-Chan and I are making our way back up the mountain. We've sold our charcoals and help out the citizens. It's a good thing that I've loved to read since I was little, so I know how things works.

As we walk passed a small house. A man peeks out of the house and notices us. "You're planning on going up... it's night time right now" he said. I turn to look at my brother before turning to look at him.

"We'd like to get home as soon as we can... we won't get lost if that's what you're worried about, Saburo-San" I said. He turn his head to look at me. Even though he looks kind of mean, but he's actually really kind.

"Just come inside and stay the night. Hurry up... before the demons comes out" he said. I blink my eyes at what he said. I turn to look at Onii-Chan to see him shrugging. I guess we have no choice but to stay the night here. I let out a sigh and follows my brother as he make his way towards Saburo-San's house.

Saburo-San prepared some dinner for us. I just eat in silent, along with Onii-Chan. "What does the demons look like?" Onii-Chan said. I feel shiver running down at what as Saburo-San explains what demons are and what they do to live.

After dinner, it's time for us to go to sleep. Saburo-San have laid out three futon, one for each of us. I turn my head to look at my brother. He turn his head to look at me, noticing the look of worry look on my face.

"It's okay, Y/N... we're safe here" he said. I just give him a weak smile. "Get some sleep. We'll head home in the morning, okay?" He said. I just nod my head. I close my eyes and let myself drift off to sleep. I hope everything will be alright.

Time-skip

We make our way up the mountain, trying to get home. I hold Onii-Chan's hand as we walk. I turn to look at him when he suddenly stopped walking. I blink my eyes as I try to read his expression.

"I smell blood..." he said, making my eyes widened at what he said. We quickly run up the hills, trying to get home as soon as we can.

I froze as we saw what happened in front of us. "Nezuko-Nee!" I yelled out. I drop the basket from my back and rushes towards her. She's laying on the ground. Rokuta is laying under her. "Rokuta!" I yelled out. Onii-Chan rush over as well. He turn his head to look inside the house. I turn my head as well.

"Mom!! Hanako... Shigeru... Takeo" I said. Tears starts to stream down my cheeks at the state our family's in. I feel my body shaking, not wanting to believe what had happened.

What happened to them?

*to be continued*