"I know he's on the top floor but we haven't really talked since last summer. Maybe once or twice." I said.

"Oh." He said opening the door for me as I half smiled and walked in.

We found Conrad's room because his name was written on a white board on the door.

"Hello?" Jeremiah said knocking but the door opened.

We walked inside until we heard someone walk in.

"Yo. This is my room your looking through" a guy said walking in.

"Sorry man. I'm Conrad's brother, we talked on the phone earlier" Jeremiah said shaking his hand.

"Did conrad say where he was going?" I asked.

"He said he was visiting his cousin at the beach" the guy told us.

Me and Jeremiah looked at each other and knew exactly where conrad was. The beach house in cousins.

"All right Ellie let's go" Jeremiah said as he started walking away but the guy started talking again.

"Oh your Ellie? When you and conrad broke up my man's fell into a depression." The guy told us.

"We never dated? And I don't think the depression was of me." I said.

"No like he would always talk about how much he loved you but you chose someone else. He would always look at your photo on his phone" he explained.

"Let's go ellie." Jeremiah said grabbing my hand as we left the building.

Jeremiah unlocked his car and threw his bag in.

"Why would he take off to cousins?" He asked closing the door.

"Maybe he is just surfing with his phone off?" I suggested.

"I don't wanna get caught up in whatever shit he's doing right now but if anything happened to him I wouldn't be able to forgive myself." Jeremiah explained.

"Hey no no I'm sure he's fine. You know how he is" I said.

"Maybe. But I'm gonna go check on him" he told me.

"Do you want me to go with you?" I asked him.

"I didn't need you to come here. I don't need your help. But maybe conrad does. He still cates what you think." Jeremiah said getting into his car and starting it.

"I'm coming with you. Whether you like it or not." I said getting into the passenger side.

We were driving in an uncomfortable silence. I just want to go back to how we were.

"Uh how have you been?" I asked him.

"I'm good. I've been okay." He said not taking his eyes off the road.

"Will you try and call Conrad again?" He asked as I nodded and called conrad and it went straight to voice-mail.

"We haven't really talked since the funeral." I told him.

"What happened with you guys?" He asked me.

"He didn't say anything?" I asked.

"We don't talk about you much." He told me.

There was a huge bump and I gasped as hair started hissing from the tire.

"Shit" he said getting out the jeep and I did too.

"We can just fix it ourselves. Just get the jack and we'll replace it with the spare on the back" I said as he went over and got the jack out.

"Okay so put it under the car so I won't move and then lift the car up" I said.

"I'm sorry lift the car?" He asked. I nodded.

"Move closer to the wheel and don't put it to high! Move closer to the wheel jere." I said.

"Shit fuck!" He yelled out falling on his butt and getting up dusting himself off.

"It's not my fault" I said to him.

"If you would have let me call triple a they could have been here already." He said.

"I'm sorry okay?" I appreciated.

"Real helpful" he snarled.

"No not about this jere! About the funeral." I said facing him.

"You think I'm passed at you for the funeral? I'm passed about last summer!" He told me.

"You were my best friend. And then we hooked up and you hooked up with my brother and dumped me! And I had to act like I was fine and I wasent!" He exclaimed.

"I didn't want to hurt you guys relationship! That's why I didn't get with him or you!" I told him.

"Yeah for five minutes. Then you and I got together." He said.

"You called me first so don't put the blame on me. I'm sorry. Okay?" I said.

"Sorry for what? Me dumping you after you did it to me? You really didn't see it coming?" He asked.

"I'm sorry because I miss you. I've missed you for months. Thats why I called you." I told him.

"Yeah cause conrad didn't answer." He said.

"I called you. Not him. When we found out Susannah was sick I was so focused on making sure we wouldn't hurt conrad that I didn't realize I was hurting you the whole process. And I forgot about you and I hate myself for that!" I yelled out.

His eyes started getting glossy and so did mine.

"Ellie." He said as he wrapped his arms around my torso and I wrapped mine under his armpits and brought my hands to his upper back.

"It happened so fast. I had dad and conrad sort of, but I needed you and you wernt there" he said.

"Hey, I'm here now. And I'm not going anywhere" I said pulling away from the hug.

He looked at my lips and then looked away as we stood in a comfortable silence.