⊘ • ❺❽ • ⊘

𓆩 𓆪

The coffee hits his lips, soothing his exhaustion for the moment. He sits in his car, grabs the crumbled map, and circles the second to last location on the paper.

Jungkook sighs when the last drop of coffee is gone. He leans back in his seat comfortably and shuts his eyes for a moment, massaging the tiredness away from his eyes.

He could fall asleep and sleep for months if he could, but he can't. He has to get up—has to find her.

Shaking the exhaustion away, he slaps his cheeks trying to wake himself up before he drifts asleep.

"Two more locations," he says aloud, sitting up straight in his seat, "two more places to search. If she's not there, it's time to go home and start the search over." He mumbles while opening the car door and tosses the empty coffee cup to the cluttered seat beside him.

He grabs his equipment. He puts his headphones on, takes the metal detector, and keeps his phone close in case he needs to call the police. He carries a handgun strapped to his leg with a black holster.

Yoongi insisted Jungkook needed a weapon to protect himself if he did run into trouble. Of course, Jungkook would have to return it, but it put Yoongi's mind at ease knowing he had something to protect himself with.

Holding the side of the headphones close to his ear with one hand, he uses the other to move the detector around in the grass as he walks around the location.

This place is farther out than the others have been, so he already feels the hope leaving him. It's miles to the nearest town.

Walking for a few minutes and spotting nothing, he decides to take the search higher while climbing the hill. As he nears the top, he pauses at the sight before him.

It's a beautiful sight, and he takes it in momentarily. The sun looks so breathtaking from here, and the wind runs through his grown-back hair. When was the last time he could fully appreciate the world like this? He doesn't remember.

As he takes a few steps further, the loud noise from his headphones suddenly goes off. He jumps from the interruption and rushes to turn the volume down. After he does, he bends down to the ground, expecting to find a coin. However, as he looks into the grass and the sunlight hits the piece perfectly, he sees it lying there. Grabbing a hold of the small object, he holds it up, observing it when he notices it's a razor blade.

"How did you get up here?" He ponders, turning the blade in different directions while standing. It hasn't been used. The blade isn't dull whatsoever. Putting the blade into his search bag, he begins looking once more.

He takes a step forward when the detector goes off again. Searching the grass again, he finds yet another blade. He keeps following the path and soon realizes it's a trail of blades hidden in the grass. His eyebrows knit together in confusion.

He looks around the surroundings, noticing how it looks empty and free of any trash. There's no sign of any human activity around here. It's all full of nature, so how could there be new blades up here?

And then the thought hits him. Someone had to have been here recently if the blades aren't rusted. If they've been out in this environment for long and in the rain, they wouldn't be in the condition they are. They would be old and rusted.