⊘ • ❹❸ • ⊘

𓆩 𓆪

We lay still, our backs pressing into the hard floor while staring above at the ceiling for a sign of hope. She looks for signs everywhere, while I stare at one spot, taking everything in and realizing a sign won't come to me.

Putting aside the overwhelming truth of our shared mother, I focus more on the situation at hand. I can't fathom the circumstance of Acid and I being related, especially as far as calling each other sisters is insane to me.

Still, for the sake of where we currently are, I swallow my distaste and change my thoughts before I blow up again.

"If Ghost is such a bad guy, then why rescue us from the prison? I mean, only a few people have been able to escape, so why?" I ask, watching the way she sits up and stares far off.

It doesn't make sense why he would willingly go out of his way, putting himself at risk, to help others. I'm not saying I necessarily don't believe Acid, but I am saying that I don't one-hundred percent trust her. If anything, I'm in the middle of both sides here.

If what she's saying is true, then I'm in for a surprise, but it's difficult when she betrayed everyone, too. For now, I'll listen and accept what she says about Ghost, only because I've never seen her act this way. I don't want to think of him as innocent after he possibly killed those people, and until I know differently, he's going to stay on my radar. I won't defend him, and it sickens me to learn he was involved somehow.

As far as the sibling plot twist she threw at me, I'm more hesitant to believe that than anything else, but again, that's something to be handled after all of this is over.

Despite how much I can't stand her, she did come down with Yoongi to rescue me, and Yoongi seems to trust her. I still don't know what to believe. Ghost was always kind and caring, never hateful or rude. He was considerate of everyone, but maybe that was his acting, as Acid implied, maybe it's true and no such perfect guy could exist, which makes sense.

"He rescued those to kill them." She adds, and I sit up, too.

"What do you mean?" I say, narrowing my eyes.

"You're here because in truth, you're related to me, and as if my mother wasn't enough to make me listen to his orders, he brought you along to hold over my head, too. As much as you may hate me, I don't hate you, Vee. I honestly don't, and I hate that your first impression of me is based on hate." She begins, shutting her eyes for a moment as if exhausted.

I watch her hands come up to her cheeks, massaging away the tiredness while some of the blood on her face rubs off on her fingertips. When she removes her hands, she stares at the smeared blood on her fingers.

"It's funny how, once this is over, it'll all end in bloodshed, right?" She chuckles a little with pain behind the laugh. "Maybe then everyone can be happy and free. I hope he dies, Vee. I hope that son of a bitch dies violently." She adds.

I say nothing, only follow her gaze where her eyes stare, but her thoughts are drifting into some daydream I can't see.

It takes a few moments, but she eventually snaps out of it. "He's going after people connected to the police or people who are connected to the ones working for him. He's blackmailing a lot of his supporters into doing his dirty deeds, but everyone here, besides Yoongi and me, is with Ghost no matter what. The people here would jump in front of a bullet for the guy and that makes this risky territory to be in." She explains with a sigh while standing to her feet and dusting herself off.