⊘ • ❶❼ • ⊘

𓆩 𓆪

Ghost knew exactly what I needed when even I didn't know myself. I needed a moment alone, in a space without anyone to relax.

I heard people talking who walked past his door, even a few people came here to speak with Ghost, but I told them he was out.

It got to the point that I wrote a note that he was gone and placed it on the outside of the door because so many people came to look for him, and I had already opened the door so many times.

After that small incident, everything else went peacefully.

I'm a little ashamed to admit I drank the rest of the coffee. Then, I delightfully found a book on one of his bookshelves to read.

I didn't mind the distraction. Hell, I welcomed it and its thoughts that soon would be clouding my mind with each page I flipped.

I've never been a fast reader, but I enjoyed getting tangled up inside the pages of any story.

The book I picked up was titled: Wither, written by Lauren Destefano. It's a book that had me hooked just from reading the summary.

I never pictured Ghost reading a book like this. Romance, drama, tragedy, and all. I never thought men would want to read stories like this, but as soon as I open the book to the very first page, I see not only how the pages have been bent back at the corners to mark where he stopped reading, but I see small notes from where he highlighted certain passages.

I'm curious why, but before my mind can become lost in a worldly curiosity, I find myself beginning the book.

𓆩 𓆪

I read the book in its entirety, and I've never come across anything like it. Down to every word, the author made it breathlessly stunning.

Although the world inside may not be perfect, the word choices make up for the absence of beauty in some parts. It's a mixture between beauty and ruin; a combination I never thought about before reading.

I found myself jumping up to find the sequel, but never found it on his shelf. Disappointment followed me as I realized he didn't have books two or three.

That meant either I would be driven mad by not knowing what happens next, or else I would have to go out and pick up a copy. Either way, my options are not that promising.

As the door opens, I turn around on my heels to present my idea that we need to buy the next two books to Ghost, but I am caught off guard when I see it isn't Ghost who stepped into the room, it's Jungkook.

I never knew how fast such a positive atmosphere could be sucked so viscously out of a room until today.

He shut the door with patience, never meeting my eyes as his hands slid into his pockets.

"I, uh, figured that wasn't Ghost's handwriting. I've been looking all over for you and wanted to apologize for this morning," he begins, slowly forcing his eyes to look at me instead of the floor.

"You should be apologizing to Yoongi," I keep my distance, trying to find something to distract myself from his presence.

"I did that already—"