⊘ • ❺❷ • ⊘

Start from the beginning

"Why would I hide something like that? My brother was alive. After everything he went through. He was alive. You know, I care about Vee, too, but don't think for a second that all of this is just about her." She adds with seriousness while taking a few steps closer to him.

"It's about Ghost, his men, where he's hiding, the evidence he has sealed away, and Hoseok's death on top of others. It's everything that has happened to us. He didn't care what happened as long as he could have his revenge and hang innocent people in his place."

Jungkook shakes his head with a sigh once Yoongi comes up and pats him on the shoulder.

"What Acid is trying to say is that we're all worried about Vee, but we have to keep a lookout in case he makes another appearance in public somewhere. A friendly... I mean, Hoseok was the only person who knew about Ghost's hideout. We know very little. We have speculations, but no hard evidence of its location yet—"

"How are you so damn calm about all of this? Hoseok's dead, and you're not even upset that he killed him for real this time? You're not upset that he was alive?" Jungkook turns to Yoongi, seeing a blank expression on his features when he shuts his eyes tightly.

"Jungkook..." Yoongi pauses, trying to hide his emotions.

"I've grieved over him for a long time. I'm confused about a lot right now, about whose heart is beating in my chest, about how he lied and never came back to us, about a lot of things. And yeah, I am upset, but I'm pissed, too. I have every right to be, but emotions aren't going to find Ghost, and they sure as hell won't save her from him." He remarks, glancing at Jungkook's cold-hearted face.

Jungkook bites his lip aggressively and shakes his head.

"You're right. Emotions won't save Vee, but they can fuel the motivation to search for her." Jungkook raises his fist and hits Yoongi right in the mouth.

It knocks Yoongi off of his feet, and he stumbles backward, landing on the ground while Acid rushes up to help him stand.

"What's wrong with you—" Acid begins, but Yoongi puts his hand up to stop her.

"I'm alright," he wipes his mouth, seeing smeared blood on his hand. "He's upset, and if it'll help calm him, he can hit me more if he wants." Yoongi spreads his arms open as if telling Jungkook to go for it.

Jungkook's face twists more into anger when looking down at him.

"Fuck both of you. If anything, and yes, I do mean fucking anything happens to her, you both will be held accountable for it. You sent her, in the weakened state she was in, on a mission with not only him present but other men like him. She was all by herself with nothing to defend herself with. Do you..."

Jungkook pauses when his voice cracks. He talks through the pain despite trying his hardest not to show it.

"Do you have any idea what she's been through in the span of two weeks? For all we know she could be dead. They could have tortured her, beaten her, starved her, raped her, and then tossed her body in a dumpster somewhere. She is out there," he points out the window. "And we don't have a clue what condition she's in."

With a trembling lip that he tries his hardest to control, he looks into Acid's eyes.

"You say she's your sister, well, I say she's my future, and I'll be damned if I'm going to sit back and give up on her. With your help or not, I'm going to find her, and I'm not going to wait around another two weeks either."

𓆩 𓆪

"You sure you want to go through with this?" Yoongi asks while leaning into the vehicle, blowing hot air into his cupped hands from the chilly, Canadian air.

Jungkook turns to him, his hands gripping the steering wheel, and parts his lips. "You said that it's somewhere in Canada." He admits with seriousness.

Yoongi sighs while putting his hands underneath his armpits to keep them warm. "I said we have speculations—"

"You have a map of all the places Ghost has ever hidden out in the country. It doesn't matter how far I have to go or how long it takes me, I won't stop looking until I've found her. He's bound to have dug underground close to one of those locations." He glances at the folded-up map in the seat next to him.

He takes notice of the black, duffel bag that's full of new clothes. He's got enough food and money to last him a while thanks to Yoongi.

"Look, I'm grateful for everything you've done for me, but I've never been the type to sit around and wait. I'll pay you back one day. Just please understand that I have to do this."

With a look of understanding on Yoongi's features, he nods and backs away from the car. "Don't forget to take care of yourself, too. You have my number if you find anything or if you just need to talk. I'll see you soon... I hope." Yoongi watches Jungkook's sad smile before he rolls up the window and puts the vehicle in drive.

He watches Jungkook drive down the snowy road and hopes he'll be safe. Yoongi can't help but admire him for going to the lengths he is. He walks back in the opposite direction to the lodge where government officials are trying to uncover Ghost's other crimes instead of hunting him down.

In their eyes, they have to have hard evidence to search, and since no crimes have been committed in Canada, there's no reason to go after him. So that's what Jungkook's doing. He's going to bring Ghost to them.

After all, it wouldn't be the first time Jungkook's had to do the law's job.

𓆩 𓆪