78

The wind and snow were mixed, and the Sui army chose to cross the river secretly on a night when the wind and snow were the thickest and densest.

As a result, many obstacles set up in advance became invalid. When Yunhuai received the alarm the next day, 300,000 Sui cavalry had already arrived at the beacon tower.

Of course, there are not all the cavalry of the Qinglang Camp, but also the soldiers and horses of the subordinate countries. All the leaders of the subordinate countries were also called to watch the battle in the army, including the leaders of the three countries in the south of the Yangtze River. Sui Heng sent another confidant and fierce general to the south of the Yangtze River to cooperate with the Sui army in the north, and the ruler of the subordinate country was deprived of the right to command the war.

Because it was a long-distance raid and the supply of food and grass was greater than the sky, the left minister Jimo Qingyu personally led the Moqi under his command to be responsible for the transportation of food and grass for the southern expedition.

There are cloud crossbows with extremely long range on the beacon tower, and a group of them were destroyed by the ink cavalry who secretly climbed up the wall at night, but it did not affect the normal use. Yun Huai quickly rectified the defense and restored the function of the cloud crossbow.

The Sui army temporarily set up camp ten miles away.

Brothers Xu Qiao, Chen Qi, and Lu Jishi went to see Sui Heng in the tent of the Chinese army. Sui Heng was looking at the topographic map of Jiangnan hanging in the tent with his hands behind his back in a leisurely manner.

Xu Qiao understood Sui Heng's temperament, and knew that the more important the battle, the more it would arouse Sui Heng's desire to conquer and win, and at such times, Sui Heng was able to show a clear mind and a calm mind that surpassed ordinary people.

Xu Qiao also understood that Sui Heng liked to taunt the prince of the Jiang country on the opposite bank, but this time he went south, he did not have the slightest desire to underestimate the enemy. The time of crossing the river and the details in the process were all cautious, so the Sui army was invincible all the way.

Each of the three reported the news.

Xu Qiao reported the developments of the Qi army, while Chen Qi reported the situation at Muyun Pass and the news that Jiang Yun had personally rushed to the pass to supervise the battle. The Lu Jishi brothers mainly proposed some strategies and ideas for attacking the Beacon Tower.

"Jiang Rongyu couldn't hold on, and he guarded Mu Yun like an iron bucket. If we just blindly attack, we may suffer heavy losses.''''

Lu Jishi opened his mouth.

If Muyunguan is an isolated city, they can choose the strategy of besieging the city and wait for the food and grass in the city to be cut off, but Muyunguan is not. Last year, the prince of Jiang Kingdom implemented a wasteland reclamation order in Guanzhong. Grain has been planted in the wasteland in Guanzhong, and Muyunguan has been established. A huge granary dedicated to military use was built. Even if there was no supply of grain and grass from other places, the grain at Muyunguan would be enough for Jiang's army to last for a month. What's more, Muyunguan is not an isolated city at all, Jiangdu and other places can be continuously supplied with food and grass. On the contrary, the Sui army who fought long distances needs to worry about food and grass.

Fortunately, Sui Heng was well-prepared for this battle. With Prime Minister Zuo and the Jimo family's ink cavalry personally leading the battle and the domestic Sui Emperor's full support, the Sui army did not have to worry about starvation.