60

Zheng Xian stayed restless in the posthouse, almost staying up all night.

He is an internal official who was expelled from Jiang's palace for a crime. He has been evasive and living in hiding in other countries these years. If the news of Chen Dujian's recruiting platform had not spread to that remote Taoist temple through the mouth of a businessman, he might have lived like a mouse in the gutter for the rest of his life, living a life without hope and seeing the sun.

But now, because he holds a secret in his hands, he has the opportunity to make a fortune and soar into the sky.

He was cautious, and repeatedly confirmed that the other party would allow him to meet the Crown Prince of the Sui Kingdom in person. After telling the inside story, he gritted his teeth and rushed to Sui Capital with a desperate fighting spirit.

But for some reason, the Crown Prince of the Sui Kingdom did not summon him immediately.

This is a bit unusual. As far as he knows, the prince of the Sui Kingdom had an old grievance with the former prince of the Jiang Kingdom. At the recruiting platform, a huge reward is offered to collect evidence that the prince of Jiangguo forged his name.

The "criminal evidence" he provided pointed to the blood of the prince of Jiang and the secret of Jiang's palace. It should be more thrilling and exciting than the innocuous evidence provided by the so-called Mingtu. According to how much the Crown Prince of Sui hated Jiang, he should be very interested in the news he provided.

Zheng Xian's mood fluctuated like the candles flickering in the wind on the desk.

He drank a bowl of tea anxiously, and felt that it was getting cold, so he ordered the postman to bring him a new pot of hot tea.

However, at this time, the postmen had already fallen asleep, and no one would stay outside the room to serve him. Zheng Xian couldn't help being envious of those servants who surrounded him. Not only were there domestic servants who waited on him at twelve o'clock, but there were also high-ranking officials and nobles who warmed the beds at night with Maggie and concubines.

He came out of the palace and has seen the most beautiful and rich places in the world. Even if he is as humble as an ant, he still dreams of being able to rise to the top and rewrite his destiny.

Right now is the best time.

As long as he seizes this opportunity, he will most likely settle down in the prosperous Sui capital, owning his own mansion and beautiful concubines and servants.

Thinking of this, Zheng Xian's mood became much calmer.

"Even if I don't see you today, I will definitely see you tomorrow."

"Those who achieve great things need to be calm."

Zheng Xian comforted himself and warned himself, took another sip of herbal tea, then got up and came to the bed, took off his coat, shoes and socks, and prepared to go to bed.

At this moment, the candle on the table suddenly shook violently.

Zheng Xian has been hiding in Tibet all year round, and he has long since developed a keenness that ordinary people do not have. He paused when he was taking off his shoes and socks, raised his head vigilantly, and looked around. There is silence all around, in the small post house, the furnishings are simple and convenient, the tables and chairs are round, all shrouded in the light of candlelight, there is nothing unusual about it.

However, at this moment, the flame on the candle suddenly flickered again.

"who?!"

Zheng Xian immediately straightened his body and stood up, shouting nervously.