Chapter 54: Kidnap aftermath

Third Person POV

Todoroki sat on the ground after he had screamed and continued to look at the place that Kaze had been, his hands shaking.
"T-Todoroki" Shoji called out, trying to get the other boys attention. All of them suddenly yelped and jumped backwards as fire erupted from one side of Todoroki while large pieces of ice formed on the other side. His emotions were driving his quirk to act out.
"Todoroki, calm down. The fire is going to start again" Midoriya tried.
"Shut up!" Todoroki yelled as he got to his feet, his eyes blazing in anger as he glared at them. How could they tell him to calm down? Kaze was gone! He had been right there, and they had still taken him! How could he let them take him?! Midoriya helped him realized that his quirk was his own and not his father's but Kaze... Kaze had helped him train. Kaze had gotten him help, he had gotten him and his siblings away from his abusive father and he couldn't even keep him safe.
"We need to head back to the training camp" Bakugo said, his hands clenched as well. The villains had been targeting him as well as Kaze. If things had happened differently, he would have been the one that had been kidnapped.
"Kids" They heard, and they turned to see that Aizawa had arrived along with Mandalay and Tiger, Vlad was still at the training camp with the students there with more heading there as they escaped the forest. Todoroki felt everything around him freeze. How could he forget? Kaze was Aizawa and Hizashi's kid and he...He'd let him be captured; how could he tell him? Tokoyami and Dark Shadow let out as yelp as they both reach forward as Todoroki's knees buckled and he started to fall towards the ground.
"Todoroki, are you hurt? Tiger, can you get Midoriya and we can start heading to the training camp? We need to keep finding the rest of the students and Ragdoll" Aizawa said and Tiger nodded as he gently picked up Midoriya, being careful of his broken arms and other wounds.
"A-A-Aizawa-sensei" Todoroki whispered and that made all of the U.A students and teacher pause, they had never heard Todoroki stutter.
"K-Kaze....They....Kaze" Todoroki tried to explain but he couldn't make the words leave his mouth as tears started to roll down his face before it turned into full on sobbing. Arms wrapped around Todoroki making him hold onto Aizawa's shirt tightly.
"It's gonna be okay kid. Let's focus on getting everyone safe and to the hospital" Aizawa said. He seemed calm and composed like normal. Except his eyes were blazing with anger, he knew that this was part of Kaze's plan but that didn't mean he like it. Todoroki nodded, tears streaming down his face still and Tokoyami had a hand around his waist to keep him on his feet while Dark Shadow was hugging him to give him comfort. Mandalay and Aizawa helped the other students pick up the passed-out students before they started back towards the training camp. By now the ambulances, pro heroes and police should have arrived.

When the arrived back at the training camp, Todoroki's tears had faded but his eyes were still red rimmed and there were tracks on his cheeks.
"Aizawa-sensei" The rest of the 1-A class students called out from where they were standing with the class 1-B students that had gotten back and Vlad-sensei.
"Midoriya needs to get in the ambulance as well as the others needing to be checked for injuries. There are still students in the forest" Aizawa said as he turned and headed back to the forest.
"Candy Cane? Have you seen Kaze? None of us remembering him coming here and the villains were after him" Kaminari said as he and Shinsou approached Todoroki who just looked at the ground, his expression blank.
"The villains took him" Bakugo said, he was the only one that was in any shape to explain the situation since Dark Shadow had retreated, Tokoyami was feeling just as distraught as Todoroki was, Shoji wasn't sure how to tell anyone about what happened and Aoyama, Tsu and Uraraka hadn't fully seen what happened.
"What?" Iida asked, not sure if he had heard correctly.
"Those shitty villains took Kaze with them" Bakugo snarled. He had never felt more useless in his entire life then he did right now. The villains had been after him and he had been captured by them. If Kaze hadn't saved him and Tokoyami and gotten caught off guard by the villains, he would still be with them.
"T-They took him?" Kaminari managed to get out, sparks coming off his shoulders.
"Then they made the wrong decision" He continued, the sparks disappearing.
"Of course they did. Fluffy is the strongest student there is, not to mention that he has an even stronger sense of justice" Shinsou scoffed at the villains' plans.
"If they really think that they can either get information or turn him against us, then they didn't do their homework very well" Todoroki said as he looked up. His eyes looked dead.
"Not to mention the teachers and pro heroes are going to be on top of this as soon as they can. They will get Kaze back" Yaoyarozu said firmly. She had been injured while running through the forest, but she had still managed to get a tracker on the Nomu with Awase's help before Kaze had defeated it. She had already told Aizawa and the police about it and handed over the remote.
"It is kind of funny though" Shinsou said with a smirk, getting incredulous looks.
"They must want to recruit or get information from Fluffy, but if that is the case, they really chose the wrong person. After all Kaze is different, he probably won't have an idea what they are trying to do since he wouldn't have read books about kidnapping" Shinsou said. When he explained it that way, they all couldn't help the tiny smiles that appeared on their faces as they remembered all the different times that they had to explain things to Kaze because he had read anything about it.
"He is going to be just fine. You just watch, he is going to fight off those stupid villains and be back to us in no time" Mina cheered, trying to stop herself from crying.
"He won't fight them" Kirishima said as he looked at the ground. Why hadn't he been there to help? He had been stuck in a room being watched over by Vlad-sensei while Bakugo, Kaze and the rest of his school mates had been danger and now Kaze had been taken.
"What do you mean he won't fight back?" Ojiro asked.
"Kaze is a very practical person, he was given permission to fight back in defense against the villains, but he would have taken that as permission that he could use his quirk while on the Wild Wild Pussycats land. Now that he isn't on their land anymore, he would think that he doesn't have permission anymore, so he won't use his quirk to attack" Kirishima explained and that made everyone that was starting to feel better, feel worse.
"He doesn't need his quirk to defeat those shitty villains. All he needs is the right opportunity" Bakugo scoffed, thinking back to the U.S.J and how strong Kaze had been.
"Let's go and get checked out before asking Aizawa-sensei if we can help somehow" Kaminari suggested and they all headed to the ambulances. Even though some of them hadn't been in the forest fighting for their lives, they were still required to be check for injuries.