Chapter 15 - False Emperor Pt. 1/10 "Rising Dragon Emperor"

Start from the beginning

Sekaino opened his eyes, his golden orbs staring sharply into the boy's brown eyes. Issei subconsciously gulped, sweat beginning to build up due to the demeanor Sekaino had put up, it was as though he had never met him. Sekaino looked down at the floor, his eyes softening as he stated, "Boy, do you know of your counterpart? Ddraig's specifically?"

Issei widened his eyes as he snapped out of his nervous stupor, reeling back as he did so before quickly glancing at his fist, expecting Ddraig to take charge, though the gauntlet never appeared. Knowing he had to take charge in Ddraig's stead, Issei thought about the past few weeks, trying to remember anyone who Ddraig mentioned as his rival. While he found himself falling short in that department, he did in fact remember Rias mentioning someone.

"Albion, one of the two Heavenly Dragons alongside Ddriag." Issei answered, Sekaino nodding before responding, "That's him, the White Dragon Emperor."

Issei was left confused, asking, "What about him, wasn't he supposedly sealed away after he died?" Sekaino nodded, glad he had some sort of understanding, even if it was rather elementary. Instead of Sekaino resuming, Ddraig appeared, the gauntlet which once weighed down Issei's arm having grown much lighter due to Issei's increased strength and build, the dragon in question explained, "Exactly, which means that he has a host just as I do."

Issei realizing what Ddraig's words meant, hesitantly asked, "My rival... who is he?"

Sekaino chuckled at the boy's bewilderment, stating, "You expect us to know? Those who wield the power of the Heavenly Dragons don't remain as their hosts forever. Most hosts are humans, which, have very limited life spans unlike those in the supernatural, meaning that in the time which passed between those two dying and now, there have been generations of red and white dragon emperors."

"So it'd be downright impossible for either of you two to know?" Issei asked, getting a simple nod that reaffirmed Sekaino's words and Issei's suspicion. Before he could keep that line of thought active, Issei asked, "Wait, just why is my rival so important? What's the point of this conversation?"

"The point is that I'm going to go find your rival, wherever he may be..." Sekaino blurted out, his words trailing off. Issei looked at him with confusion in his expression, asking, "Wait, why?"

Sekaino looked back at him, taking a breath before he asked, "You remember how we met? And how I stated I need your help?"

"Yeah, but what does that-?" Issei realized what Sekaino meant immediately, his eyes widened at the sudden revelation. The man wanted both to work together, even if they were rivals? Taking the lead once more, Ddraig stated, "Sekaino, you do realize Albion and I were never exactly on the best terms, right?"

Sekaino tilted his head, a sharp yet condescending glare as he looked down at the gauntlet smirking, replying with, "And what makes you think I care? I killed you and wounded him, you think I couldn't do the same to your hosts should they turn on me?"

Issei's eyes widened into a panic, the boy visibly flinching as the trauma of what he did to Riser snapped into his mind like a bullet into his skull, the boy sure Ddraig did the same at that bomb Sekaino dropped, though before either could say anything, Sekaino stated, "Though I will try not to. Regardless, I don't care about whatever quarrel you and him used to have, and I'm sure Issei doesn't either. You two are practically myths by now, the only reason you call your hosts rivals is because you two are, thus there is no reason for Issei to fight whomever Albion is residing within. Is that understood?"

Issei sighed, knowing that the god before him was out to kill him, though the same couldn't be said for the dragon, as he could almost hear Ddraig huff in annoyance as he said through gritted teeth, "Yeah."