Part 6 Chapter 11

Depuis le début

The conclusion of this discussion was:

- The 11-country leadership conference convenes once every two years.
- The next conference would likely be in a year's time.
- The countries invited to participate were the ones with the greatest power and exerting the most influence on the world. The conference was concerned with the management of the world.
- All of the participating countries would become the targets of intense scrutiny throughout the world (at least the area recognized as "the world" by these countries). Should the Myto Empire choose to attend, the world would see them as a great power. This is generally perceived as promoting national interests.
- Participating countries are allowed to express opinions regarding the management of the world and the international community.
- The Third Civilization normally has one fixed participant and one rotating participant. For this next conference, it was decided that Myto Empire would be the fixed participant.

"While it is most regrettable that there is only one year to prepare for the next conference, we believe that it still aligns with your national interests to attend and be recognized as a world power. Until now, the Third Civilization's superpower, the Papaldia Empire, has always participated, but, since they have been defeated by the Myto Empire now, my country would like to recognize the Myto Empire as a world power, and as the leader of the Third Civilization... no, wait, your country does not belong to a civilized area. As the leader of the eastern continents, then. Thus, we would like to extend an invitation for you to participate in the eleven-country leadership conference." Phiam said

"I have a question. In the list of previous participants, I see the name of the Second Civilization's superpower, Leifor. I heard that they were overthrown by a country further to the west, a 'Gra Valkas Empire.' If Leifor will not be participating, will another country take their place?" asked Director Trazi.

"Ah, yes... in place of Leifor, we are considering the Gra Valkas Empire that you just mentioned. As with your country, we are still evaluating the situation. With the abrupt notice of only one year until the conference, we are unsure how they will respond, so, similar to Myto Empire, we don't know if they will decide to participate." Phiam said

The discussion continued for some time. After the lunch break, Governor Ira, who had contacted Moff Trevat, stated that the Myto Empire would officially consent to participating in the 11-country leadership conference hosted by the Holy Mirishial Empire.

"Oh, yes. What should we prepare for the meeting?" asked Governor Ira.

"Actually, just prepare a little presentation about the Myto Empire. The rest will be filled with discussions on various matters in Elysia." Phiam said.

"Oh, then why is 1 year considered such a short time?" asked Governor Ira further.

"Hmm, usually every country comes with its best ability to impress other countries. Hence the need for a long preparation time." Phiam replied.

"Oh, I see. So we have to come using our best means of transportation, which is also used to show off our country's strength, huh?" said Governor Ira.

"That's right." Phiam replied.

The meeting was concluded after various other issues were discussed, especially regarding the relationship between the two countries. The HME delegation remained in Jakarta for one week. Among other things, they will choose the embassy site and attend the military exhibition week that has been held in Jakarta for the past few days.

---oOo---

Terminus Island, Jakarta
Central Government Building
Moff Trevat Office
In the afternoon.