Sorrow birthday

Henry's P.O.V

I tried to sleep like I try every year but I always give up around 1 or 2 and go to Alex's room where he's also up, then we go downstairs and make some fun breakfast.

But this year when I went to Alex and Ryans room they were both gone, and I was left with a note.

TO HENRY

WE WILL BE BACK EARLY IN THE MORNING WE HAD AN EMERGENCY, YOU CAN LAY IN OUR BED AND WATCH A SHOW IF YOU WANT WE WILL BRING DONUTS BACK.
                             -Alex

Now I'm just pissed off and softly crying while blowing up balloons in the living room. I'm not mad he has work, I'm mad he's doing it on Calebs birthday.

The front door opened and I heard Allex talking, my guess is someone on the phone because you can only hear one side of the conversation.

I tried to wipe my tears away but hearing Alex on the phone just made me more upset, plus right as I was whipping my tears Ryan walked into the living room.

"You okay there turtle" Ryan asked sitting on the couch in front of where I was on the floor. I just shrugged and continued tying the balloon I had just blown up.

Apparently my answer wasn't good enough for him though because he softly lifted my chin up "that wasn't an answer" Ryan said.

"Please leave me alone, I'm fine and I need to finish these balloons" I said pushing his hand out of the way and going to grab another balloon.

"No you need to tell us what's wrong so we can help you and or work through it" Alex said walking into the room carrying a box of donuts.

"Nothing is wrong," I said sharply, glaring at my older brother. "Hey, no need for attitude, help us and tell us what's wrong so we can help you" Alex said setting the donuts down next to the couch and joining me on the floor.

I just turned my back to them and grabbed my phone from my pocket and started looking at old photos of me and Caleb.

After a couple minutes I heard Alex get up off the floor and sigh. All of a sudden though I was picked up by the armpits and sat between Alex and Ryan.

"Are you mad about me not being here this morning?" Alex asked. "What do you think?" I yelled angrily standing up. "Of course it's about you not being here, it's our brother's damn birthday and yet you run off to work, so yes i'm angry that of all days you decided to work you chose our brothers birthday".

I was about to walk away but Alex started talking, "Can we at least explain why we were gone, because I think you might want to know why we were gone".

I held back an eye roll cause I'm probably already testing them by yelling especially because people are sleeping, "Fine humor me".

"Yesterday when I went to go get the mail we got a weird letter" Ryan started but interrupted, "we get weird mail all the time it could have waited".

"Maybe let me finish before you interrupt," Ryan said. "It was a letter from Caleb" Alex blurted out.

Do they really think I'm that stupid, if Caleb was alive and free he would be in this living room with us right now, not sending some stupid letter. "Nice joke now tell me the real reason" I crossed my arms.

"You wanna read the letter then" Alex suggested. "Fine show me the letter" I put quotation marks around the letter. Ryan and Alex both sighed and Alex handed me a letter.

I opened the letter and started reading.

Dear, brothers

I am okay and would gladly appreciate it if you did not try and look for me. I greatly miss you both, and I hope you both have taken great care of my Willow tree